• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA (phx or las)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FYI - my husband got Phoenix after 2 months in orlando (is that BWI? -sorry, not up on all the identifiers). This month he finally got Dallas (what we want) but next month goes back to Phoenix. He has been on property since March. So it seems it wouldn't take you long to get Phoenix if that is where you choose. QOL issues - I understand most people that live in either location love their place for different reasons. Since you seem like you have flexibility it's a wonderful position for you to be in. If outdoor activities are very important you may want to consider Phoenix, but if entertainment is more your thing, then obviously Vegas. However I recently met a family that lived in Vegas for years with children and absolutely loved it. So both places you can't lose with.

I will say that commuting has been awful. People that choose to commute need to be commended. If at all possible live in your base.

The way I see it the big unknowns in LAS are the crash pad/ commuter hotels situation, and jumpseat availability. Most guys I know who are commuters and bid there are hoping that since there are a lot of red eyes they can make it home after a PM.

If it ends up becoming difficult to get on flights in and out of LAS, guys will bid out and it will become even more junior. Either way if you want to live in LAS you will have great seniority and QOL fairly quickly. I think that is what you were asking about; but maybe you wanted to know about LBB.

General Leigh,

I could care less what you think of LBB or any West Texas city that we serve.

I think you're a tool. I don't care about you and I care less about Delta. I think you're trying to take the high road about your a$$ pounding you took from Leo and his boys - which is fine.

None of this affects me or Southwest Airlines, since it was your a$$ being worked and not mine. How did you get that stuff off of your black, double brested coat? You must have a good dry cleaner.

So stay off the Southwest Airlines threads and I'll stay off the 2 sorry-a$$ Delta threads.

Did you see that? I am crying a river.......Anyway, Some of you corndogs are really cocky, and you are the leader. Pre-9-11 Southwest was NOTHING, with many of your Captains leaving to go to United. You need to get it into your small brain that you will always fly an orange 737. Forever. Get over yourself. But even though you may be the smallest thing around taxiing at SFO or LAX, you are the biggest in LBB. Congrats on that. Do you look like the Fonz in your leather jacket? Heeyyyyy. Have fun on your 6 legs tomorrow. And, I don't care what you do on Delta threads, you really have no idea what you are talking about, and it shows.

And yes, I am ready to be done with this thread, but I can be persuaded to stay....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
OK. I'm in.

First of all, pre 9/11 this place was da bomb. Best job I ever had. Post 9/11 it was and is the end all be all.

There is a big difference between cocky and confident in our futures.

We never had any captains leave for brand X that I am aware of. We DID have F/O's leave. I flew with a 16 year Delta CAPTAIN the other day that quit to come to SWA. Speaks volumes to me.

The leather jackets are chick magnets and look WAY better than trenchcoats when worn with blue jeans.

Saying SWA will always fly 737's is like saying Delta is a cropduster flying service. Maybe, maybe not. But one thing is certain and that is that change is enevitable.

I would venture a guess that I have flown 6 legs in a day maybe twice in that past year.

Most importantly is that the General Lee is a pimple on the ass off society.

Gup

Gentlemen,
Why don't you take this debate to another thread. Maybe title it "My Airline is the Best because we layover in ________"

Let us remember why we are here, to have fun AND help our fellow aviators by sharing information.

I do have to say the whole SWA/Delta thing is very funny.

Did you see that? I am crying a river.......Anyway, Some of you corndogs are really cocky, and you are the leader. Pre-9-11 Southwest was NOTHING, with many of your Captains leaving to go to United. You need to get it into your small brain that you will always fly an orange 737. Forever. Get over yourself. But even though you may be the smallest thing around taxiing at SFO or LAX, you are the biggest in LBB. Congrats on that. Do you look like the Fonz in your leather jacket? Heeyyyyy. Have fun on your 6 legs tomorrow. And, I don't care what you do on Delta threads, you really have no idea what you are talking about, and it shows.

And yes, I am ready to be done with this thread, but I can be persuaded to stay....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Bye Bye--General Lee
Excuse me, sir. But you seem to be a very angry man when it comes to Southwest. Why do you feel it necessary to hijack every single SWA thread with your "6 legs a day and LBB" shtick?

Excuse me, sir. But you seem to be a very angry man when it comes to Southwest. Why do you feel it necessary to hijack every single SWA thread with your "6 legs a day and LBB" shtick?

It really is interesting watching SWA pilots melt down when someone else, not flying for SWA, actually states that they would not want to. Sure, I would have to go through that interview etc, but I honestly would not want to do the flying SWA does. It does NOT interest me at all, since I already flew regional type flying with multiple legs per day on very few types of equipment. That is boring to me, and also very tiring. I would much rather have the option to do INTL flying, or maybe Domestic flying. I also have a choice of different aircraft at Delta, which helps with complacency. Being on one type of aircraft for the rest of my career does not appeal to me, and probably many others. Some "real pilots" who flew F15s or C5s in the Military may not care, since it is "only a paycheck." To them I say, "have fun in El Paso and Lubbock." Obviously they don't care and it is "only a paycheck." Well good for them.

I have also said I enjoy the stews at Southwest, the great pay rates, and their current management. I just don't like some of their city pairs (LBB, MAF, AMA, HRL, etc), the 25 minute turns, the mostly multiple leg days, and the one aircraft type. Other than that, I think they are a great airline......

And, there are plenty of SWA threads on this current board that I have not "hijacked." But, someone on this thread threw my name in here, and I had to respond. Thanks for inquiring.

Bye Bye--General Lee

the general can't have an argument with himself guys. just stop taking the general's bait every time he cuts in on a thread and maybe the threads will stay somewhat on track.

Just ignore the Dumba55. It makes things so much better. Except when someone quotes the idiot. Then I have to at least look at the morons post.

Latest resources

Back