• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA operating expenses higher than competition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not what I have been told by some of your new hires. However, I will rephrase..."The rest of the airline like up to six legs a day, etc...", I hope that makes you feel better.

I wish you guys all the success. It just doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I'm not getting into a "my job is better than yours" type arguement. I am just saying I don't want to work hard if I don't have to. My gig pays less but averages two legs a day and, compared to what some of your pilots have told me, the Quality of life on and off the road is better.

Things will always change. Hopefully, we can all end up where we are happy. Good luck.

Last edited:
It's actually quite funny (but not really) to have Airtran people praising their company for having lower before fuel CASM. The captains make what swa FO's make and the FO's make what swa's FAs make in pay. If you guys EVER get the balls to stand up for yourselves and get a proper contract, THEN lets compair CASM's.

It's actually quite funny (but not really) to have Airtran people praising their company for having lower before fuel CASM. The captains make what swa FO's make and the FO's make what swa's FAs make in pay. If you guys EVER get the balls to stand up for yourselves and get a proper contract, THEN lets compair CASM's.

Get some balls and tell your company to pay for your 737 type.

Get some balls and tell your company to pay for your 737 type.

Who said that I work for swa, but a swa pilot CAN pay for his/her type and could also lend you money for your type and still take home probably 30-50 grand more than a airtran pilot. If I worked for airtran, that would make me think twice.

Who said that I work for swa, but a swa pilot CAN pay for his/her type and could also lend you money for your type and still take home probably 30-50 grand more than a airtran pilot. If I worked for airtran, that would make me think twice.

Tell us which company you work for? The airline where you had the "balls" to get a great industry leading contract.

You're missing my point. I'll try and explain it to you again. Before you praise yourself for having lower before fuel CASM than swa (btw, what is it, .0005 lower?) you must first be somewhat close or equal to swa in pay, benefits, retirement, upgrade, etc. It actually goes against airtrany that their CASM is only slightly below swa while paying their people lously wages. Imagine what swa's CASM would be if they lowered themselves to airtran levels, but swa mgmt has to much respect for their employees to do that.

737 TYPE $6,500 ON MASTER CARD
2ND YR PAY $120,000

Now I am wondering if it was worth it?
Captain Dad you have me almost convinced.

By the way I flew 6 legs once. 2 were diverts for wx. I hated it until the 20th when my paycheck came.

I'm not getting into a "my job is better than yours" type arguement.

That would be very smart, especially since you don't say where you are employed. (wonder why these people never do?:rolleyes: )

What's funny is that a SW pilot is ragging someone else about pay. Let's not forget you guys flew for less than everyone else for THIRTY YEARS. Now for 3-4 years the legacy's have all taken enormous cuts that left them below you and suddenly you are negotiating tough guys??

give me a break.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back