SWA Oct Decision Board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GOT THE LETTER! FU-CKKKKK!

Printed on the 16th, mailed on the 19th, and received today the 21st. I live in IAH so I guess I am one of the first.

Interviewed Sept. 7th!

Now what do I do?

Interviewed on Sep. 6th. Ditto on the letter dates; down in CRP so looks like the letters are on there way. Best of luck to those who got on. Time to lok at other options.

GOT THE LETTER! FU-CKKKKK!

Printed on the 16th, mailed on the 19th, and received today the 21st. I live in IAH so I guess I am one of the first.

Interviewed Sept. 7th!

Now what do I do?

Interviewed on Sep. 6th. Ditto on the letter dates; down in CRP so looks like the letters are on there way. Best of luck to those who got on. Time to look at other options.

Hey, you and I have 10.5 months to get ready for the next time. Please guys, no more hand wringing and gnashing of teeth.

Go to work, do the job you have now, kiss the cat and kick the old lady and we will see you next year!

Last edited:
no letter yet?!

No letter yet and I am staying positive. I filled my mailbox with concrete and moved it to the backyard. Stay strong Southwest hopefuls!

It's rude, when you think about it...the interviewers know the day you leave if you're continuing or not, yet they make you sweat it for another 4 - 6 weeks.

Not true, the only thing they know is you didn't impress them at that time. The LOI and full review are the other two out of three separate and distinct aspects of the process, it is what it is.

Please, don't make it look like some PD folks are smirking on their way home knowing your not going to make it.

Not true, the only thing they know is you didn't impress them at that time. The LOI and full review are the other two out of three separate and distinct aspects of the process, it is what it is.

Please, don't make it look like some PD folks are smirking on their way home knowing your not going to make it.

Is the LOI totally seperate from the interview process? Let's say a person impressed them in the interview session, but didn't pass the LOI - Would his refs be called or not?

Right

Right...and if you didn't impress them, you get a "Do Not Recommend", which means you're out of luck, and they know it on their drives home...the LOI and references won't be used. If the interview goes well, the LOI and references will be checked and considered.

Is the LOI totally seperate from the interview process? Let's say a person impressed them in the interview session, but didn't pass the LOI - Would his refs be called or not?

The LOI is a part of the interview, but is accomplished during a different segment during the day, it's not like they are asking you interview questions then they jump to the LOI.

My understanding is the interview and LOI are not pass fail. It's a sliding scale, a bell curve if you will. The interview team gets together at the end of the day and rates you based on your interviews (all three). I don't know if the LOI is counted in the decision to call references, I do know it has hurt folks at the decision board. The decision to call references comes after the interview team recommends that references be called, if they don't recommend, thats still not the end of your chances, albiet your chances just dropped really low. The interview and LOI results are compared at the decision board, if you slammed the interview out of the park, but tubed the LOI, your in the middle of the pack, problem is, the middle is not where you want to be.

Latest resources

Back