SWA Newhire Class for Christmas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ZYMOTIC

You can add all the capacity you want, you still have to put butts in the seat profitably. Granted, WN has been able to make money but their profit margins are neutral - hence no increase in stock price since 3/01. I believe they will actually shrink in 2004. Just my opinion of course.

Re: ZYMOTIC

lowecur said:
You can add all the capacity you want, you still have to put butts in the seat profitably. Granted, WN has been able to make money but their profit margins are neutral - hence no increase in stock price since 3/01. I believe they will actually shrink in 2004. Just my opinion of course.

This is why you are the ever "hated" insurance salesman and don't run an airline. Let a few of us "pilots" post to you about how screwed up the insurance industry is and maybe you could actually spend more time fixing that, then trying to fix SWA.

-canyonblue-

Hate is just a little strong don't you think?

I'm beginning to see why the SWA FO's are so PO'd. I guess I need to be more sensitive to your feelings. You come to work for an airline that is argueably the best run airline ever. Over the years, previous FO's shared in the hefty profit sharing and stock options of the company, and have finally moved into the left seat and make an excellent hourly rate. You have spent years and lots of money waiting for this opportunity, and now some "insurance salesman" is telling you that the golden ring you've been reaching for may turn into silver ring. In a few years you may be bidding for a reduced rate on a 175/190, in lieu of a 737.

My answer to that is "welcome to the ever morphing world of the airline business." Making less money per year than a 737 CA is a very humbling experience after telling your wife and kids that someday all this training and sacrifice will pay off.

Unfortunately the airline business is going to continue to morph for the next 10 or 12 years. I don't have to tell you how lucky you are to be working for WN. Just ask some of the unemployed pilots here, and I'm sure they would tell you to count your blessings.

Poolies, I know you have your hopes set for the 737 also. In that respect, I hope I'm wrong about the 175/190. Let's not forget the important things in life. For those of you that have kids, don't forget to give them lots of hugs.:)

PS: Do I expect a reprieve? Not a chance. Just a thought from the heart.

I work to live, not live to work

I don't care if they get Cessna 152s, I just want a job. This unemployment sucks and I am eager for a job that will pay at least some of my bills and I get to fly while I do it, I am starting to use up that 6 months of savings I tucked away for hard time. WN has made money for the past 30 years. If they want to buy used B-52s they are doing it for a reason. And anyway, us poolies that have been here for almost 2 years are ready for some actions whether it is a 737 or something else.

Personally, I wish they would buy some Used F-16s so I can go and bomb Bin Lauden and his buddies into oblivian.

Hey Opie,

At least that would gaurantee a 100% load factor every flight. You'd have to forget about commuting on the jumpseat though. :D

Coop

LiveFreeorDie,

Go to your user cp, and click on "edit ignore list." Then type the dude's name in who you'd like to ignore. Then.....Presto!

The guy's post will show up as:

"This person is on your Ignore List."

Like Houman said.....Really sweet.

Latest resources

Back