• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"The cabin filled with the smell of burning rubber" said a passenger.

I'd bet that smells better than the emptied contents of two sets of bowels in the cawkpit!

What a terrifying and humiliating event.

The usual suspects are pretty quiet in this thread. I figured all the LUV drivers would be on here quick to defend how something so weak can happen to "anyone". It's 8 miles away! Tune and identify...overlay, a little SA gents, please!

Looks like the Corndogs are trying to copy Delta aka Don't Ever Land There Again

Less likely to happen at AirTran where we're required to overfly final approach fix on every visual approach at night. Pretty hard to overfly a marker at one airport and then land at another.

Also they were operating in rising terrain. Airport they landed at is in the valley - 350 feet lower than airport of intended landing which is on top of the highest hill. Descending 350 feet bellow briefed touchdown zone elevation, should have set off some bells in one's head.

You missed my point. And BTW, the reason why we have to fly to the marker is because of a mistake by a crew flying into CAK scud running and setting of the terrain alerts with ATC. We have had our fair share of f-ups at AirTran (no flap T/O, go-around in RDU, no packs in MKE). So, again remember we all live in the same glass house.

WTF! I can understand if this was 1965....but with all the resources available today....unacceptable. Passengers deserve better for $69.

The usual suspects are pretty quiet in this thread. I figured all the LUV drivers would be on here quick to defend how something so weak can happen to "anyone". It's 8 miles away! Tune and identify...overlay, a little SA gents, please!

I was thinking the same thing. That being said, I agree that it can happen to anyone. After the 5th day of 4 legs a night flying night freight I set up to land at AAf Biggs instead of El Paso. Granted, they are closer to each other with the exact same runway layout, it's still no excuse. If you always set up for an instrument approach, you always land on the right runway. It's what saved me that morning.

Latest resources

Back