SWA June 1st class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWAPoolie,

I'm not 100% certain but if persons who interview on the same date are called for a class, the older person is called to the class first (assuming everyone is typed which is the current trend)...for the most accurate answer as always feel free to call the SWA PD....those folks "luv" to get calls from soon to be hired folks....its a fair question for planning purposes....just keep the tone positive & humble....I'm sure they'll give you the most up to date info that is releaeable....congrats & good luck...cheers

They call people by interview date, then alphabetically by last name. Once you are on property, seniority is by age within your class.

Givvit

Hey Givvit

Do you need a vehicle during the 6 weeks or can you bet by without it? Just concerned about laundry and food. I'm sure the hotels are expensive and some munchie food would be good. Other than that I'm sure you are studying 24/7?

SWAPoolie said:
Hey Givvit

Do you need a vehicle during the 6 weeks or can you bet by without it? Just concerned about laundry and food. I'm sure the hotels are expensive and some munchie food would be good. Other than that I'm sure you are studying 24/7?

DO NOT need a car. Hotel gives dicount on food, so you can totally get by without one, l can't remember the deal on laundy, but I don't remember it being a problem. If you do bring a car ask for a fridge and microwave. I did this anyway, to save leftovers and I went grochery shopping with a bud who had a car. The folks who had cars had an added level of convienience, but also a hassle (one guy's car was broken into). IMHO unless you live nearby don't bother.

Congrats ad enjoy!

SWA Poolie,

I didn't bring my car, but about half the guys did. I usually hitch a ride with them to work. If not, I take the shuttle. I went home every weekend I could so I didn't need to get around on the weekends. The only time I wasn't at the hotel or the training center was for a Rangers game Tuesday night. Otherwise I was "studying" or discussing aviation in the bar. Laundry is free on the top floor. I spent about $20/day on food at the hotel and the Landing at HDQ, but I eat alot. With the discount at the hotel, I actually spent more on lunch than dinner. Some guys brown bag it. I start IOE on the 29th so I'll miss your pizza party.

Good luck,

Givvit

Car

I couldn't have made it without a car. I drove 10 hrs to get to Dallas and it was well worth it. If they still put you at the Renaissance, it's a beautiful hotel, but expensive. Also, when training is going at full tilt, there are enough microwaves and fridges for everyone- most of the senior class will have them and the others will be SOL. My car let me get out to explore Dallas, go over to the Training Center for short study sessions that would have taken twice as long waiting for the hotel shuttle, and made food runs for me and classmates.

If my info is out of date about the Renaissance, sorry. Just offering a counter perspective.

JD

Thanks guys. I live on the East Coast so I'm just going to have to bum rides.

Also, what goes on the first couple of days? I see we can bring our Spouse but I don't think she wants to sit in the hotel while I'm in class.

I would like to know that too, What do the spouses do and how many days should they be there? What happens the first couple of days that they would want to be there?

What is the gym situation?

Your spouse's should come if at all possible. They will join you at the new hire party the night before class starts. They will join you for the first two days of class. They will get to meet your classmates and most of the "SWA Big Wigs." It is a great time. They will take them on a tour of the facilities and they will be there for all of the insurance/benefits overviews. (very important for them to be there so you don't screw up all of your own paperwork.)

Great time. My wife works for SWA and she even loved it. (even though she was familiar with most of the stuff.)

You are going to spend 4-6 weeks with your classmates. It is much easier to talk to your wife at night about your day when she knows the people you are refering too in the stories.

I would highly recommend you bring your wife. They all had a great time in our class. Very educational. The gym is allright you can get a descent workout in it. As far as class the first two days theres no work to do while your spouse is here. They want you to relax and HAVE FUN. A Lot of peoples spouses stayed around until the week end then they went home. I brought my wife down here the sunday before class so we could see some sites and relax. SWA and no problem with flying us here 4 days before class starts. Have fun man, You will be 1000000000000000000000000000000000% completly, unbelievably, SHOCKED!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back