With the Military conversion (rounded to nearest 5):
Total 3600
Last 36 months 1830
Turboprop PIC/Military PIC 2275
Total Turboprop 3470
Mil SIC 1200
Civ PIC 95
Civ SIC 30
T-34C 1980 (PIC/Instructor/Standardization Instructor 1730)
P-3/EP-3 1390 (PIC 545)

I also have 1265 hours as a back/right seater in the EA-6B. Doesn't help, but doesn't hurt.

Lilah said she was sending a packet detailing the interview process that had some forms to fill out (I don't have the specifics of what the forms entail) and instructions on how to present letters of recommendation (again no specifics).

Congrats!!!

This is a morale boost for everyone, even those of us not going to SWA.

I have a close friend who was called yesterday, has the 73 type and applied early '02 (I think another one was called yesterday, but haven't confirmed it yet---added:confirmed he was called today, Feb 10). According to an inside source, the original app date is a KEY factor.

Bluto, great job giving credit where it is due.

Good Luck to all.

Last edited:
ALLIMAS said:
Ok, I'll let you all in on a little secret. SWA will be calling people based on :1. Having a B737 type rating, 2. Recency of experience 3. Upgrades and 4th. When they turned their app in. I believe someone else has already mentioned this before, but you can take this to the bank.

Do you mind categorizing your sources? Chief Pilot, People Dept, etc??

Chaz

My Buddy got Interview call for 15 Mar

My Buddy got Interview call for 15 Mar today. He had a type, slightly more than 2500 Fighter hours, is current, and had an app in on 1 March 02.

I hope to eat dinner with him in Dallas on the 15th if I get the call for the next class.

ANY CIVILIAN?

Anyone called or know of anyone called that has no military experience? I've got the 737 type with an original application date of January 2002. Not sure how competitive I am with 2000 hours of CRJ captain time.

March 16 Interview

I got the call today also. I was offered a date from 9 March on. I chose 16 March. Great blessing to be in the first round. My approximate stats (all military--without conversion):
Total jet time: 3200
Instructor time: 600
All in C-17/DC-9
737 and DC-9 type rating
737 Type in Dec 2002
Application date: Aug 2002

I'm glad the gates are opening, good luck everyone. Another military friend also got the call today (over 3500 total jet time, C-21/KC-10).

<Staring at the phone>

Congratulations to all that have gotten the call <stares at the phone>!!

Best of luck to you all <still staring at the phone>!

RING you piece of 900Mhz wireless junk! :p

Latest resources

Back