• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you serious? Kind of like looking at things thru rose colored glasses.

Whether Southwest goes to HNL or not, or CRP or not, is really not the point of my post. How many times do you have to hear General, OYS, or others post anti-SW garbage?

Just like stating SW has a leading contract only because of Delta? Really? How about Southwest Corp may have had a better plan and didn't go into bankruptcy and actually works with its employees? How about owning 82 percent of their airframes. Does that matter?

I will never say I'm happy that Delta or NW went into bankruptcy. It was a black day, and in some respects a sham. They had money. They wanted to get under the old laws before they changed.

Can some of these guys from Delta say the same about SW? I don't think so. What is stated mostly is that we 'can't go international', 'can't go to Hawaii', can't continue to be successful for another 39 years.

I don't agree with the 'job killing maching' mantra. I do believe ALPA is a top heavy, get the dues sent upstream to Herndon organization. It started with awesome intentions, but now has strayed into a political organization that alot of times loses sight of the average line pilot....the guys that are paying their salary month in and month out.

The Delta guys want to pound their chest and tell us how they will raise the bar on pay this next time. I hope they do. It's good for the industry, but they always state it in a 'we'll be back on top instead of you' mentality. I don't see most SW guys really caring. It would bring all payscales up...which is good.

Cheers.

It would be a great day if Delta raised their narrow body pay to equal or beat SWA!!! I (and most pilots out there) are not in this business to one up the next guy. We are here to make a good living doing what we love to do. We all want a stable career with maximum earnings.

It is always laughable when someone comes on here and says SWA is at the top because everyone else took cuts. So what!!! That is like saying the Cowboys would have been the Super Bowl champs if they would have won all their games. Well they kinda messed that one up didn't they.

Each airline is where they are mostly because of the decisions of their management. There are some external factors that are out of their control (i.e. terrorism), but the company is only as good as the people who are making the big money decisions.

So....I have no idea why I said all that!!!!! But good luck to all my fellow aviators in their careers.

Wont happen the ALPA job killing machine will soon be the recipient of another beat down when they start the old demand of more money for less work. Times have changed the companies are not playing that game anymore.

keep dreaming guys, keep dreaming, when you guys start working like SWAPA pilots maybe just maybe your company will start paying you like SWA pilots

I'm just saying

Vix, you are old broken record.

I'm just saying.

So when DL matches your rates on our 737s and get more for bigger planes, what then will you say? What will make being a corndog different then? You get to fly MORE legs per day? Yeah! Good for you guys! Delta's better pay with the new contract will make Southwest guys at the bottom of their new SLI list think about coming over for something different than Providence to Columbus.

OYS

Troll- I will love that day! Can't wait ! Wish you'd hurry up about it- we're on an island out here and if you get your rates up that'll solidify our contract's position- good for everyone-

But it does remind me of the rap line "You aint gotta like me, you're just mad cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be..."

Wont happen the ALPA job killing machine will soon be the recipient of another beat down when they start the old demand of more money for less work. Times have changed the companies are not playing that game anymore.

keep dreaming guys, keep dreaming, when you guys start working like SWAPA pilots maybe just maybe your company will start paying you like SWA pilots

I'm just saying

Fix your signature 'bro. Churchill would roll in his grave. :eek:

I have it on good authority that SWA will begin HNL service with the delivery of the 8th 737-800. ANC service to begin next (2012) summer. Europe service (widebody aircraft) to begin 2 years later. :cool:

And I have it on good authority that Delta's service is the craps. At least that's what my neighbor who is a Frequent Flier tells me, he actually misses Northwest.

Im just curious, what do SWA pilots eat on transcons? With no meals or what not, do you guys just grab stuff in the airport terminal or munch on snacks? Or do you guys have crew meals on board?

I think you missed my point.
It's the authority to operate in MNPS airspace with a two engine aircraft thats the hard part to obtain or ETOPS if you will. Not whether the 737 NG came to a company " ETOPS ready".

MTV

Of course there is no need for MNPS authority/quals if SWA is only going to Hawaii. ETOPS is another story. Apples and oranges. Just saying...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back