Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can relate

Hi Bandit,

I'm on your same boat. I got my refs called but no news. I will not probably come home in 2 weeks so I will not be able to see if I get a letter. I wish I could see if I get the letter so that the stress could be over. I felt good when my refs got called. However, I have heard that sometimes the DB does additional background checks and the process takes longer than a week. So, while easier said than done what we need is patience! Good luck, you are not alone by any means.

Refs being Called

So if your References are called there is no sure thing there?? Has there been times when references called and then got a letter?

Thanks for any help in advance.

AimPoint said:
So if your References are called there is no sure thing there?? Has there been times when references called and then got a letter?

Thanks for any help in advance.

yes many, many times. getting refs called in no way means you are getting hired, only that you did well enough at the interview to warrant additional attention. it a "positive" sign but no guarentee. the opposite tends to be true however, not getting refs called almost always means you aren't getting hired.

a couple people where I work have actually gotten hired at southwest having no references checked...imagine how surprised they were

I've know by now to look for a restricted or blocked number. Sound asleep this morning & phones rings at 0830. Barely awake, i see it says "restricted number". Instantly wide awake. "hello, hello" Call disconnected. 6 secs long. Stare at phone diligently monitoring any possible fluctuation of cell service bars. Miraculously , phone rings after 5mins of continuous staring. Resticted number again. Very professional voice says "Hello, I am calling for _____" "THis is me!!" I exclaim. "Hello, hello" call disconnected, 6 secs. Aaaaaargghh!! I felt like Charlie Brown every time Lucy pulled the football out from underneath him.

Performed quality assurance test with 3 friends. Could not duplicate problem. Phone returned to service.

Whoever you are (telemarketer, stalker, prisoner using their last phone call...) please call me!

I've had two of those calls (no caller ID) since this torture began. Takes awhile for the heart rate to return to normal.

Letters?

Has anyone received any letters? There aren't many people posting here than were on the Feb board but I was wondering if anyone had gotten the dreaded letter. Good luck. I've heard that some people get word after a week after hte board pending more background or information so until you get the letter you really don't know. Tough wait...

Has anybody who interview on Jan 22 been called? Yet?

airmasn said:
just got the letter...congrats to all who made it and good luck to all still waiting

Sorry to hear this airmasn. :-(

XJ guys/gals have a good track record at WN, so any XJer that interviews and has a good record should be swimming. Sometime the process just doesn' make sense. Hopefully there's next year!

I interviewed in Feb, and waiting for the March DB.

Good luck in the furture, and I would certainly keep WN in your sights!

Latest resources

Back