Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Baggage

Rick,

I don't claim to be an expert in the subject...in fact as a "poolie" I have not used my bag in a commercial airline setting yet, (just being a geek, toting around some soggy towels around the living room) however...

I took the advice from a few buds @ SWA and dropped $269 on the Purdy Neat Stealth NG. Apparently it is the perfect size for the B737 & it is built really well. Rumor has it that folks can send them back to the factory after a few years for a catagory "D" inspection and refurbish for a very reasonable price. If you look around the terminals you sure do spot a bunch of them.

Two online sources are:

http://www.luggageworksonline.com/

www.stopoverstore.com

CONGRATS on your class date. Gotta drive yer truck going to The "D"!

Hope this helps,

Hooch

Be careful on this one before you shell out the serious scratch! I have two purdy neat bags. A regular size and a big ol sucker. I have a friend that picked up a big ol sucker before leaving his regional job to go to southwest. He ended up having to buy another one. The normal size Purdy neat is 14 inches. Apparently you need to buy the 13 inch one to fit under the Jumpseat on the 73. Maybe chase or someone else with a clue can shed some more light on this.

I bought the big ol sucker about 2 years ago planning on that OAK commute at first.... Guess I'll have three purdy neat bags now!!!!

OAK

I dont think the 14 will fit in the -500 and -200. What I was told anyway, but the 13 works in all of them. Congrats to all.

Latest resources

Back