Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
do the same with volaris, tomorrow. Do it, or just shut it. Comair will be down to 44 total planes, after having over 200. That's better than your skywest deal. Freedom air (mesa) e145s are gone. Asa was forced to dump lots of 50 seaters over to united, away from delta. Expressjet had an lax base with e145s, and they are gone too. Get your facts straight, and let the airtran guys teach you how to fly to mexico.

Bye bye---general lee

streaker....streaker....streaker!!!!!

streaker....streaker....streaker!!!!!
LOL :D

That's pretty funny...

On the other hand, I'm sure SkyWest will be just fine. I'm glad it's not a significant enough hit on their total operation that people will be furloughed from it, I'd never want to see someone out of a job over something like this, but I have to say I'm glad to see the "codeshare" gone.

RJ's need to be eliminated except on small routes to itty bitty rural airports that Uncle Sam wants to pick up most of the tab for (that won't support a 90+ seat airplane). 70 seaters and larger need to be flown at the mainline level. This whole thing was designed to bring B-Scale airlines into existence paying less for labor in EVERY category, thus increasing net profits. Scope it out of existence and keep it there.

I do have to say, it really seems as though the hiring curve was about to swing back towards hiring more people and it may not end up doing anything but evening out the decrease in RJ's over the next couple years at several carriers (DAL and UAL/CAL most notably) until age 65 retirements start happening again...

Do the same with VOLARIS, TOMORROW. Do it, or just shut it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Really General?

Delta codeshares with 12 other airlines, and outsources domestic flying with over 800 regional jets. Do you really think you have the credibility to throw that stone?

Codesharing with Volaris on less than 2% of our ASM (MAX) is nothing compared to what Delta has done. Plus ZERO RJ's, and ZERO long range international codeshare. When we go long range, it will be with our pilots.

RF

In time Private. This Volaris is strictly a stop gap measure. Rumor has it that Skywest was considering this anyway as it was rumored the airframes were more needed at DL.

That's pretty funny...

On the other hand, I'm sure SkyWest will be just fine. I'm glad it's not a significant enough hit on their total operation that people will be furloughed from it, I'd never want to see someone out of a job over something like this, but I have to say I'm glad to see the "codeshare" gone.

RJ's need to be eliminated except on small routes to itty bitty rural airports that Uncle Sam wants to pick up most of the tab for (that won't support a 90+ seat airplane). 70 seaters and larger need to be flown at the mainline level. This whole thing was designed to bring B-Scale airlines into existence paying less for labor in EVERY category, thus increasing net profits. Scope it out of existence and keep it there.

I do have to say, it really seems as though the hiring curve was about to swing back towards hiring more people and it may not end up doing anything but evening out the decrease in RJ's over the next couple years at several carriers (DAL and UAL/CAL most notably) until age 65 retirements start happening again...

Lear you are a wise man but I disagree with you on one point. The problem isn't the RJs. The problem is the continued outsourcing. I don't care if we fly 152s into Brownfield, TX (KBFE) as long as they are flown by our pilots under our contract. Its the outsourcing to the lowest bidder that has lowered the bar for everyone.

Luv,
Ghetto

That's pretty funny...

Lear itty bitty or not no scope relief at SWA. Even if we get Q400's. SWAPA pilots fly it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back