Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jimEJet

Hey guys and gals,

Just finished day five here in DAL and thought I'd check into FlightInfo.

For those of you looking for an interview, looks real good. They told us, as ALL of you already know 650 for the year.

I have been able to meet a great deal of the interviewees this week either at the Renaissance Hotel or at the Training Center and all the guys and gals seem real happy to be here for the interview. Seems that everyone I talk to has a type rating. I just met one military guy who did not.

THIS IS NOT A SCIENTIFIC SAMPLING!!

I do notice one thing about most of the candidates. They all seem real nervous, And I know I was TOO. Just relax and say hi too as many people as you can, be forward about it and stick your hand out. Just about everyone you meet will be happy you did. And you could probably pick up on all the pilot types around you that are currently in training.

If you are coming to the interview, I'd suggest staying at the Renaissance. It seems as though a lot of guys already are. However, be very careful. The guys or gals interviewing you the next day may be sitting in the lounge next to you. Don't say anything you wouldn't want heard at the interview.

As for experience level of the interviewees. I met a great deal of military guys from all the services and a good mix of civis from commuters, corporate and every other 121/135 job you can think of. All very well qualified as far as I can tell.

My class stats...

Remember we interviewed in Jan of 2002.

Oldest guy, military 53
Youngest guy, CoEx 27 (ran the numbers, he'll reitire #4)
1 Female also CoEx Captain
24 in Class 13 Civi/11 military.
Complete - well balanced mix of pilots

Everbody in class is really fun to talk to and has some real good stories.

The first day of class was one of the coolest days of my life. I truly feel blessed now that I'm here. It was really weird to meet all the folks behind the code word FlightInfo names.

It seems the LOI part of the interview is pretty uneventful to most of the applicants. Pretty much a scenario you can expect on line on a normal day of flying.

I must say, this was the first time I turned the internet on in one week. They keep you real busy here and frankly the only reason I checked in every day was to check this site to see when class would start.

Any of you guys that want a future, stable, and fun place to work, this seems to be the place.

Keep up the updating!

Oh, before I go.

I know you've heard it before, however. I'll say it one more time.

Lindsey Lang herself told me she's running out of type rated people and those with types WILL be interviewed if they submit their apps.

Good luck all!!

Jim

JimEJet,

Congrats on the new job. Thanks for the info on SWA we all need encouragement and the best news is what LL has said about hiring 650 this year. Good luck (like you need it) and keep us unknowns here at flightinfo posted on changes.

Lindsey Lang herself told me she's running out of type rated people and those with types WILL be interviewed if they submit their apps.

I'm DYIN' here!

;)

Thanks for the good info, JimEJet!!

Congrats my man
Enjoy your time together as a class
Go downstairs and drink too much
Go to the deck parties on Fridays
DON'T sweat the small Sh!T
You'll be ready when the time comes
Yes..It's payroll deductible :)

And always remember..Cooperate & Graduate

So maybe if all us hopefuls boycott the type we'll get in faster?!!?

JUST SAY NO! ;)

Indapool.

Amen Brother,

Cooperate-->Graduate

Learned that lesson a looong time ago, thanks though

They canceled the deck party unfortunately this week :(

But when the weather picks up this week, I believe it will be back on.

This truly has been a great first week guys. We did a tour of the 737's in the hangar today. What a big bird it is up close. I've never preflighted a plane that big. And I know, I know. to you other pilots out there, this is just the Guppy. It is the biggest thing I'll ever fly and it is pretty impessive up close. Never have seen so many moving parts before ;)

I really hope that everyone who really wants to work here, gets the chance! It could not be a more pleasant atmosphere. I'll keep you guys up to date on any inside news when it is available.

Good luck again

Jim

Latest resources

Back