• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA contract amendable- no pay raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question for SW guys - do you guys have any rigs in your contract? If so do your lines ever pay off of rigs or is it all hard time paid by # of trips you fly?

Congrats on the raise effective, 9/1/06 to my all fellow union brothers!

Heres to holding the bar high so everybody will like us and be able to base their future contracts off of us!! "We want SWA + 1%"

Yes we have rigs. They rarely pay off because we fly enough block hours in the day that a min guarantee or hourly rig doesn't kick in. Funny though how many times we are within 15 minutes of rig because we sat in XXX for 1:45 hours the previous leg.

Costs are no doubt on the rise. Personally I must insist on AT LEAST a COL increase though. Tie additional raises to profitability like our current extension. That worked and we got bumps most of the time. If the company wins, then we win.

Our productivity is still better with airplanes and pilots per airplane than anyone. I'd like to see someone with hard data showing our linear system vs. a hub and spoke but I'd doubt any hub and spoke operator could get more hours out of their jets than we do. With our turn times at 20 to 30 minutes I doubt you'll see many airlines getting more daily block hours out of their pilots than we do as well.

Why SHOULDN'T we get a raise? I refuse to burn the house down or choke the goose but I have yet to see a valid arguement why we shouldn't get some raise.

And SWA/FO - ah yes, September 1st. One of my favorite days of the year.

Gup

Babylon said:
Question for SW guys - do you guys have any rigs in your contract? If so do your lines ever pay off of rigs or is it all hard time paid by # of trips you fly?

Are rigs are quite good. They occasionally kick in but usually they fly us allot (high line density) per day so the rigs arnt much of a player. Southwest is very resourcefull and when its comes to money related issues they figure out how to get the maximum bang for the buck.

I cant see why they would..Its making us/the company money.

I think if there were to be any changes in code share it would be much tighter lanquage for possible future agreements.

AA767AV8TOR said:
This from the pilot group of the most profitable carrier since 2001, that is also advocating flying to age 65.

Inflation is running 3%-4% per year the last two years. Anything less is a pay cut pure and simple.

AA767AV8TOR

SWA pilots are by far the highest paid narrow body pilots in the world. Most of the contract concerns are housekeeping issues that have not been addressed since 1994.

I think that is what Carl from SWAPA was getting at.

SWA pilots need to take a raise and qol enhancements for two reasons:

1)If you can't do it now, then when. You're at the top of the pile. I'm not suggesting cutting the goose in half, but give youselves a nice pat on the back.

2)It would create pressure on other airlines, whose pilots will use your raise as leverage for their own, thus helping out other pilot groups(or maybe just making it harder on their management to keep them down). Who knows, you might put some carrier out of their misery by forcing costs up for them.

goahead said:
I would work for SWA for 50,000 a yr forever just b/c it would be nice to work for someone where people are happy to go to work.
hahahaha....

I hope that haha means you are kidding...The pilots at swa will luv you...

Dangerkitty said:
SWA pilots are by far the highest paid narrow body pilots in the world. Most of the contract concerns are housekeeping issues that have not been addressed since 1994.

I think that is what Carl from SWAPA was getting at.

Not correct. UPS narrow body pilots make more.

purpled...were not here to get you pay raises! The guys that want pay raises can fight for them, that's fine. Personally, the pay raise we get tomorrow will hold me for a while. I would imagine it will take years to iron out this contract so any raise will be far off anyway. I really do want to see some QOL issues addressed and some insurance and medical things improved but I like most of the others here are not going to choke this goose so that you can wave our success in your mngmts faces. I think they made that movie in the late 90's and all the stars are broke or bk.

Just my two cents.

Latest resources

Back