• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I called the training department to tell them I was coming off leave they said I could have my pick of jan/feb/mar class so they're obviously not all full ... That was just 3 days ago

When I called the training department to tell them I was coming off leave they said I could have my pick of jan/feb/mar class so they're obviously not all full ... That was just 3 days ago

Most airline contracts would require the company to shuffle the newhires back since the slots are technically not filled until they show up on day 1 ...so if you said Jan, they would let you even if it was full and push a newhire back to Feb, and then one back to March, etc.

Is this not how it would work at SWA. Not important, always curious how other airlines handle different situations contractually.

Last edited:
Just to follow up a little...

We are actively interviewing now to fill those short term slots through March.

We have done away with any 'pool', so the lead time from interview to class is realitively short now. That's why it went down that way for you Cubs. They are interviewing to put people in class almost immediately.

RF

I interviewed on the 15th of Dec. I heard my board meets on the 23rd of Jan. Would reference calls have gone out by now if I was on the good list?

I interviewed on the 15th of Dec. I heard my board meets on the 23rd of Jan. Would reference calls have gone out by now if I was on the good list?

I'm afraid so... But I guess ya never know. Good luck man!

Anyone know what competitive is for just getting an interview? I have had my stuff in since Oct and not even a peep!

Why would you want to fly for Southwest anyway? You are going to have to worry about your car being keyed by a Delta pilot every time you get home.

What would a Southwest pilot do for revenge, key a Delta pilots 1972 station wagon .

Why would you want to fly for Southwest anyway? You are going to have to worry about your car being keyed by a Delta pilot every time you get home.

What would a Southwest pilot do for revenge, key a Delta pilots 1972 station wagon .

Everybody knows Southwest Pilots have the most fun!

Latest resources

Back