SWA class prep suggestions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StarrBuck

Couple of questions for folks who have been through class recently.. Wondering what kinds of things I should start looking over before class.. I did my type at K&S in PHX and my book are all -200, so I'm a little hesitant to start looking over that too much as I don't want to re-learn stuff that is not going to be relevant..

Anyway, I do have the PASS cards and will start going through them..

Oh yeah, I also had the CPO call today as well... glad to hear they are going to add 4 more to the class.. that's great news..

S.b

There's plenty in that SWA FO starter package: limitations, memory action items, cockpit flows etc. That should keep you busy. I assume you got all that including the CDrom disc?

By the way, how are those PASS cards? Necessary do you think?

Congrats

Tailwheel

If you have the flows and the memory items down before you get there you will have a lot of time for beer. Congrads and see ya online.

Even if you don't have them memorized you will have plenty of time for beer. DO NOT study any -200 material, you won't see any of it while you are there. Congratulations, get me outta OAK.

Bake

DO not study the 200!!
Its very likely you will never see one..

For those wanting to know about PASS cards, do a search and read all of the past comments about them..They seem to be the cards of choice for almost all new hires..

IMHO they are the best cards for the money to learn all the brut force memory stuff in a short period of time and also work well for review for PCs...Each card has a color coded edge..If you have the red and green hashed cards memorized before going to the Big "D" you will be way,way ahead..

If you want to do the whole shabang...

Flows
Profiles
Memory items
Limitations
Stock price

DO NOT get all wrapped up in trying to rebuild the Boeing 737..We have many fine folks that do that for a living..

DO get wrapped up in how SWA operates a 737...

This and a nice cold beer a day and you all will do just fine..

Mike

Bring Wild Turkey

PASS cards are good to study. Relax and welcome to SWA!!!

I would NOT study flows if you are going to class in March. The new checklist will be released and remember the Law Of Primacy. I have heard that the duties will change as will some flows. Everything else should stay the same.

Ya'll are gonna get two(2) days of systems, so study the other stuff.

Make sure you know what hotels have what % discount on food.

Drink beer.

Ya'll will be fine.

Flows right now are a waste of time. There will be a time during class to do the flows. If I were you guys I would review a bit on systems. They don't spend much time on them. When you get to class much time should be spent on operating specifications. Thats whats going to be covered in the oral the most. Some check airman will not ask a single systems question.

Study wisely and systematically. Don't try to do it all at once. Study what is the subject matter at the time while always going over and over the ops specs. A few hours is all it takes to get the flows down. When you get to CPT that is where you will hone your call outs. Just before you get to CPT start hanger flying all the way through your sim check.

Have fun and welcome aboard!! You can't imagine what a good time you are in for.

SWAdude :cool:

Latest resources

Back