SWA Application update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
28 Feb?

I am still awaiting mine as it was sent to my parents at my "Permanent Address", but I thought when my dad read the letter with it it gave a date as return by such and such.....so I think you're probably right, this is a way to weed out the serious from the not so serious or already employed elsewhere folks.

Also I agree that there seems to be no pattern as to who got them. It seems they sent them to the permanent address not the current address, so check that end of it. Seems to be a smattering of those with and without type ratings.
Regards,

Thanks for the info!

I'll give them a couple more days, then I'll call em...

No Type

InHot said:
Spoke to a buddy yesterday - he does not have a type and he got the update letter. He applied in Aug 2001.

Been on the road for the last 10 days. Got home to a smiling SWA envelope. It has an update letter in it. I am NOT typed. I handcarried my App to the Air Inc job fair in VA in Nov 2001. Hope this info helps. Maybe at thwe bottom of the pile, but at least I'm in it!

be careful..

you guys may not pass the final wiz test from the sound of things....:D

Tred - (clean & not seeing talking/singing frogs)

replies

To all those who replied to my request about
what made your interview a success, thanks.
All us wanabees sure do appreciate it. (well,
everybody but ROUGHNECK,sounds like you
guys ruined his dinner!!)

Learguy

Significance of 28 February

Chaz: I think the 28 Feb date for two reasons:

1. It is on a Friday.

2. It is the last day of the month.

Therefore, IMHO, it makes an "easy" cut-off. Not in our hands by 28 Feb, a Friday, the last day of the month, then it goes into the circular file.

I need a life -- at least I am not seeing dancing frogs!!

And mine did find it's way to my PERMANENT address.

Michigan J. Frog

That's the dancing Frog's name....the one from the cartoon. I have no idea why I know that, speaking of needing to get a life.
;)
Cheers!
HP

Easier Job?

Been up at Flight Safety for the last few days recurrent so it was just sitting there smiling at me when I got home.

As to the ease of my job, Not really, Flying Part 91 for a Corp. Long days and longer nights. Thought I was totaly sunk with no type (and I still may be at the back of the line who knows). Just was a nice present to come home to.

Latest resources

Back