Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and Age65... lets get this straight.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TexaSWA

We dont all want it changed. Not even sure that most do.

Well, with what I make at ATA, and considering we probably won't be around in 3-5 years, I'll need that extra time to save for an adequate retirement.

I'm almost 41 now.

Can we add transcon turns at jb into this thread?

HalinTexas said:

Dude, you don't even work at swa. Speaking of which, do you think they are slowly taking over ATA? I have a few friends at swa who seem to think so. I don't know much about it though.

Talk about a thread hijack.

Daddy said:
I knew you and SWA FO were buddies

Not even close. But this:

Southwest Pilots Aggressively Push Age 65

does not represent everyone. Its not something I discuss, or even ever think about. My viewpoint is purely selfish. As is everyone elses. If it changes it changes, if it doesnt it doesnt. Life will still be good. But somewhere around 45 - 55% of us are not represented by the title of that thread, or the efforts of those pounding the pavement in Washington. Just thought I'd point that out.
rating_1.gif

TexaSWA,

You mean we are not buddies? I'm crushed.

SWA/FO said:
TexaSWA,

You mean we are not buddies? I'm crushed.

Dont know. I dont know who you are.

Last edited:
I am for the change just because it is a Bull$hit rule to begin with. Its also for my own selfish reasons, if/when I get closer to that age and my sick bank may or may not be full depending on what happens later on in life.

With that being said I surely hope I dont have to work anywhere close to 65 to survive in retirement. We are currently going into a section 6. You younger guys just make sure you consider any retirement changes that may be voted into this contract so I "CAN" leave early and you can have my seat/senoirty and all the BS that goes with it!

Latest resources

Back