• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA 6.36% raise 9/1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really don't know what it will be like, NOT being a poolie.

Me either HOUMAN.....Don't know about you, but I'm gonna feel pretty silly showing up to class with all these barnicles hang'n off my buttocks. After a year and half, there are too many to count.

My wife used to say I had a nice tush, but now.....Oh my gosh! :eek:

Have a great weekend poolies.....the water's nice this time of year. :cool: CANNONBALL!!!!!! :D

Coop

HOUMAN/CoopDog,
No problems for the info...The reason I added the fact that you can make money here if you want to work extra was that I was a poolie for a long time also. I have been flying extra to re-set my finances back to the way they were before I became a poolie. I do not plan to fly this many TFP forever but some guys do.

Like SWA/FO said, is you work your normal line plus a little you can get 15 days off a month. I have been averaging 11-12 days off. But, I do fly a lot of turns and end up back in my own bed at the end of the day. Keep the faith guys, your turn will be coming hopefully very soon!!

-SM

TFP=?

Just wondering what TFP stands for. I'm guessing 1 TFP=1 Trip which is slightly less than an hour on average at SWA. I thought there was a maximum # of hours you could fly per month. How is 155 TFP possible with the max hours (thought I heard max was something like 85-90)?

Excuse my military naivity.

I think I smell something

Spooky Magnum

Sniff sniff sniff.....

Hmmm

I think I smell a doughboy (T45 Flyer)

Is it true?

YF
Slakr :D

thebluto,
TFP and flying hours are not necessarily the same animal. The way to get that many TFP and stay in the 30/7 rule and 100 Hours a month is by Deadheading. (Which does not count towards legality).

For instance, flying from MDW to SAN in the right seat then deadheading in the back of the plane back home is a great deal I have done many times. That trip is all your legal for that day and back at home by 5pm. It pays 9.6 TFP and you only suffer a 4 hour hit as far as legality (Towards your 30/7 rule). This is mostly done through extra fly/VJA (Volunteer Junior Available).

When you sign up for EF/VJA skeds uses you to fill holes and usually there is deadheading involved, if not to the hole, back from it. Thus keeping you legal to keep flying. By the way, if you get VJA it pays 1.5 times the regular TFP.

-SM

USNFDX,
Don't know who Doughboy is......

TFP=

Trips For Pay.

It's a term from the SWA contract. Everything pay-related is measured in TFP rather than hours.

Guys who sit reserve & don't fly much but then pick up extra-fly on their days off can also make enough TFP that it looks like they're flying over 100 hours in a month.

time off, etc....

Just got my line for Sept....

71 Block Hours
89 TFPs
17 days off

Pay will be approx $3400 + 300 per diem = $3700 if I don't change anything and take the 17 days off.

With extra fly (EF), voluntary jr. available (VJA), Daily open time(DOT) and line improvement trip trade (LITT) I could give up a few of the days off and easily make $5000+ per diem for the month.

I have been only here a few months and am amazed at the flexibility I have with my schedule... "having a life" is not EVEN an issue here. Once you are off reserve and have a "hard line" you can do almost anything you want as long as it is legal from a crew rest/max hours stand point.

Even better - you never have to ask permission... it is all done right here on my PC at home & my laptop while on a trip..... great technology!!!!

I'm a relativey new hire FO at JBLU. This month my original line had 85 hours. I used our internet access program (FLICA) to add another trip to bring the total to 92 and I have 15 days off this month.

70x$51= 3570 basic first year FO pay
22x$76= 1672 time and a half for hours above 70
per diem= 513 per Diem
-----
$5755

Being a past furloughee from another"Major" airline I can understand this post might seem like gloating or rubbing salt, however I only post as I believe this info might be of interest or valuable to those needing to make descisions. Best of luck to those on furlough. - Banger

In order to help someone make a prudent decision maybe the comparison shouldnt stop with probationary pay.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back