• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Supplemental Income For Pilots??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You may not have seen my response in your other thread since it turned into 6 pages of people arguing...

I substitute teach on the side. Schools in my area pay $50 to $80 a day. Extremely flexible. An automated system calls you, press 1 for yes, 2 for no, in a nutshell. Substitutes are hard to get, most school districts are short on subs. I get called everyday. Easy money.

stay married or never get married. that should help out.

Marry a stripper.

Although I was advised by a pilot colleague of mine once 9who would have known), "Radar, don't ever marry a stripper."

Oh yeah, years before this current mess, I caught a USAir jumpseat. The grey-haired captain was pleasant as can be, offering me a first-class seat, introducing me around and asking after common friends.

Once settled into my leather seat, he called me up to the cockpit.

"Radar", he said, "Have you ever thought about being your own boss in a home-based business?"

He got my home address and phone and hounded me for a while to sell supplements.

So that's a good idea: use your jumpseat to force riders to purchase Amway from you on each leg, and to sign up for your MLM opportunities.

On one side, the guy was a chump, but on the other, I got a first-class ride so who am I to complain?

I teach college classes online for the University of Phoenix on the side. You have to have a Masters Degree, but it has really helped out while I have been on furlough status with NW. I'm making about $20K a year with them (about the same amount that a NW pilot would make on first year pay). I spend about 6 hours a week to keep my classes going.

Latest resources

Back