• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

payton

anyone been there.
what are living conditions like
is it was safe for wife and little girls
any other info would be good

You guys are Baad! LOL.
On a serious note, I'd go there first and make a decision based on facts.
Subic was never a place I'd recommend for family when I used to go there with the Navy.
I assume sh*t river is still there, along with all the bars and prostitutes.
The bar fine referred to is what you pay Mama-San to take your girl home for the night. Lots of retired military alchoholics live there, some buy bars with their retirement money. It's a beautiful place, however, and the ocean is great for diving, fishing, and boating. (close to shore - real pirates are still a concern)
The locals would never harm a child, but round eyed women are at risk out on their own outside the base/compound.
A little money goes a long way there as well.
Hopefully, you'll get some response from someone with recent experience there.
Good Luck

Subic has cleaned up a bit from the navy days but I still wouldn't take my family. We (Fedex) have a lot of people living there for now and some have a wife (from the states) but I don't think any have kids. Schools are an issue and medical is even more of an issue. I would definately go check it out on your own first!!

Could someone live on a paradise island, say Boracay, and commute? I absolutely love the Philippines once you get out of the cities. The people are very literate, helpful and friendly. Sure they are poor and third world, but if you do get robbed you can bet your thief will be very polite.

The southern islands are very dangerous for non muslims.

Subic may have in fact cleaned up since the old Navy days. ******************** river is still there, but no ******************** river queens. Every other building out the front gate is boarded up or burned down or falling down (same as half the buildings on base).
Wait until Subic closes and we move up to Clark (rumor) before you think about bringing your wife and kids. Better yet, you can get a rental unit (wife) and save all the hassles.

You didnt really get any good info from someone who lives there. Like I said, enable your PMs and I can send you some.

Latest resources

Back