• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stupid Captain Tricks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. About 10 years ago a friend of mine walked out one night to a cold dark Bandit on the ASA ramp in DFW. Walked up the stairs and was greeted by 15 people staring at him from the dark. Agent had sent them to the wrong plane, and they had boarded and sat down by feel, I guess.

2. Overheard on 131.15 (which EVERYONE monitored on #2):

"Maintenance control, ship ###, we're passing through about five thousand and can't get this thing to pressurize."

"Ah, sir, we're showing pressurization deferred on that aircraft...."

njcapt said:
I hate to admit it, but I've preflighted the wrong aircraft

Ditto, your not alone brother. And I'd bet money we are not alone either.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last summer ALG had like 8 incidents of crews taking the wrong aircraft within 4 months. The FEDs made us come up with a process where both the FO and Capt sign or initial the paperwork in like ten diff places, guess what, it still happens.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last week I was on a sked DH from BUF to PHL. The flight was full and the agent asked if I would sit in the JS to accomidate a paying pax. After checking with the mainline capt, I said sure why not ( we all know U needs every paying pax we can get).

After a nice flight in the 737 JS down to PHL (almost fell out of the seat when both the capt and fo said they knew who Allegheny was) I was walking to my next flight when the mainline FO that flew the DH comes running up to me and hands me my hat which I left in the cockpit. I thanked him and went on my way holding my hat in my hand. Two steps later the same FO taps me on the shoulder and askes if he can have HIS back and pionts to the one I was wearing on my head. I handed him his hat and said, "its about hour 11 of a 13 hour duty day".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back