Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fussle

Oh John...
I was discussing this with someone the other day and was just wondering if (in the eyes of the FAA) a CFI's student pass rate is reset after they renew their certificate or pass a checkride to reinstate their expired certificate. I would think that it does...Any thoughts?

In the eyes of the FAA what difference would it make? They won't need it again for another 2 years or is there another trigger that occurs with a low pass rate?

My other thought is it should be more important to the CFI than the FAA. Do they publish pass rates anywhere. I would never use a CFI with a low pass rate again, did it once(without realizing it), giant mistake.

My guess is that it is reset. When I renewed mine this past summer, the FED asked me to supply him with at least five names of students I've recommended in the previous 24 months. I had seven. I didn't ask but I'd assume those recommendations cannot apply towards my next renewal. Answer might be different at another FSDO...

Mr. I.

Each inspector at each FSDO may have a different opinion. Welcome to the world of flight "standards." And if you have a 99.5% pass rate, and then have one student fail, there is a good chance you'll get a letter from your FSDO something along the line- "recent review has shown your pass rate appears to be lower than acceptable." So definitely keep your records current long after you are CFIing full time. You worked hard for your certs, so keep them safe.

I was discussing this with someone the other day and was just wondering if (in the eyes of the FAA) a CFI's student pass rate is reset after they renew their certificate or pass a checkride to reinstate their expired certificate. I would think that it does...Any thoughts?
Of course it does not reset, why would it, you are not obtaining a new certificate, you are just renewing it. Using your logic I could receive a violation and when I get my ATP they will forget all about the old violation. A pass rate is a pass rate, and it will not reset.

Latest resources

Back