Student Loans & FAMs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nevets

Has the FAA started their student loan repayment program? Also, does anybody know what is going on with the FAM program as well?

Yeah me and two other captains out here in LAX are looking to jump to ATC as soon as possible.

I've sent in the FAA application as well.. also know another ONT Captain and FO that have applied. Looks like there might be quite a few of us on the other side of the radio soon...

Sorry, don't know the answer to the original questions though.

There is a loan repayment program but I think you have to be employed by the govt for 10 years before you can use it. I can try to find it and get the correct answer for you in case I'm wrong.

FAM trips...still don't have those back but I've heard it's being worked on. I don't understand why we can't just use the CASS system. Anyway, I've heard if we do get it back, it'll only be for one day out and backs for training only...no more vacations. But this is all speculation. I really wish we had them. There are so many new controllers who have never been in a cockpit. And I wish more pilots would come watch what we do. Sometimes what seems simple from your windshield, isn't.

This is from faafollies.com

On the child care subsidy and student loan repayment plan, the news is even worse. They’re not taking applications, they don’t have any details, and there is no official word on exactly when these programs are going to actually start.
They are, in essence, vaporware. They don’t exist, although Ventris Gibson, the FAA’s HR honcho, was certainly willing to have her picture up on a web page story bragging about the programs.

Latest resources

Back