• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I knew you were a POS When I first met you, and you have done everything possible to verify my initial opinion.

You're really letting him get to you aren't you? Perhaps there is a little guilt behind that anger?

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Pencil whipping is a reality. I have filed several reports, and as usual the response is "We'll look in to it" and I never hear a thing about it. If I'm seeing it, then everyone else is too. In other words, I believe it is not only a daily occurrence, but an hourly one.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

You have seen it, but it's just your opinion? Who are you reporting this to? Are you going back and asking for followup? Have you tried the CMH FSDO? Can you provide a scenario you have witnessed yourself? Your comment indicates it's happening everywhere, so you must have something.

I was always under the impression you guys were happy that you flew aircraft that were well maintained. I personally apologize to all of you that this is far from the truth.

SG

The NetJets traveling mechanics do a great job. I have not seen them doing anything but go out of the way to help, even when their managers have told them to only do what was specifically ordered. I haven't seen anything suspicious at NetJets and EJM repair facilities, or at Cessna Service Centers. I have seen all of the above told to wear blinders when repairing our birds so they wouldn't accidentally find anything else that is broken.

That said, mx control puts tremendous pressure on the contract mx to get the airplanes moving and I firmly believe that many of them are pencil whipping and/ or knowingly doing a little bit and claiming it's all good to go. I've watched NetJets mx tackle specific problems and then watched contract mx do the same repairs without any of the actual fixing part. I've witnessed many unsat things from the contracters. I probably shouldn't be talking specifics there.

I have another mx story that is so heinous that I honestly fear to put it here even on this semi anonymous board. It is so bad that I fear the company would try to hunt me down and possibly find me and fire me. This place makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about all the ways safety had been compromised since RS was shown the door.

Last edited:
You have seen it, but it's just your opinion? Who are you reporting this to? Are you going back and asking for followup? Have you tried the CMH FSDO? Can you provide a scenario you have witnessed yourself? Your comment indicates it's happening everywhere, so you must have something.

I was always under the impression you guys were happy that you flew aircraft that were well maintained. I personally apologize to all of you that this is far from the truth.

SG

1) There's legalese in there to protect myself.

2) I have filed several ASAP reports.

3) The CMH FSDO is known by many other FSDO's to be highly corrupt. To rely on action by them is foolish.

4) I will not comment on the specific situations I have personally witnessed.

Last edited:

3) The CMH FSDO is known by many other FSDO's to be highly corrupt. To rely on action by them is foolish.

Believe what you will. Not even sure why I try to talk sense to the same 8-9 haters on this board anyways. Again, sorry the equipment you fly on is so run down.

SG

Believe what you will. Not even sure why I try to talk sense to the same 8-9 haters on this board anyways. Again, sorry the equipment you fly on is so run down.

SG

Easy for you to say when you're nice and comfy at your DESK and we're the ones who have to FLY them.

Believe what YOU will.

Net Jets seems to have the same problems that all other companies have right now. The nice thing is, that is seems that there are pilots there willing to do something about it. That is a good thing. Somebody has to draw the line. It is that drawing of the line that made Net Jets the place to work 7 years ago. The pay was great, the working conditions were great, and the flying was pretty good. Now the rest of the industry has caught up with you pay wise, and you have a bean counter trying to cut costs. You will soon, if not already, see a loss of qualified individuals wanting to work there. I personally would love to leave my ACMI job and work at Net Jets, but would not do so because of the pay cut. I am an FO working at what would be considered a lower tier ACMI carrier, and I would have to take a 30K pay cut to work at Net Jets. With no chance of an upgrade to more money in the left seat, I cannot justify the move. Net Jets was a strong company because they paid their people well, and ran their company right. Now that things have changed I see the whole business eventually crashing to the ground unless they return to what made them great in the first place. Great pay and benefits, along with great maintenance, makes for a great customer experience. The economy is getting better. As it does more companies will want to get away from the inefficiencies of airline travel. Net Jets needs to get their house in order to reap the benefits of this pending need by business. Raise your rates to pay for your increased cost. It is really that simple. Pay people what they are worth and they will be professionals. Don't pay them and they will become something you don't like

Last edited:
Easy for you to say when you're nice and comfy at your DESK and we're the ones who have to FLY them.

Believe what YOU will.

Easy for me to say what? All I did was apologize for the low quality equipment you are flying. Read through all of my my posts, I never said your job was easy.

Last edited:

ASAP reports are reviewed by Safety and the local corrupt FSDO.

What is stopping you from talking to another FSDO? If the CMH techs are fine, then the CMH FSDO isnt who you want to talk to. If you suspect something on the road, call the applicable FSDO. You apparently know many of them anyways.

Latest resources

Back