Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SheGaveMeClap

Your wife's boyfriend
Does anyone here fly a straight CJ (not a CJ1)? I would like some numbers if anyone has them available. Typical stuff.

Range with full tanks? Range with full seats? Payload with full tanks? Typical cruise altitude? True airspeed up high? Fuel flow at typical cruise altitude?

Here's the mission. Trips of 500-650 nm on a regular basis, 2-4 pax. Once or twice per year, 1,000-1,100 nm trip so a fuel stop isn't a big deal. Again, 2-4 pax. Runway performance isn't an issue, long runways and flatlands. The airplane would be a replacement for a Cheyenne. Owner is interested in upgrade to an entry-level jet and this might be a suitable change.

I've got numbers off www.jetsales.com and www.jetbroker.com. Are they anywhere near accurate? Thanks in advance....

Clap

Anybody? You can even make some up if you like.

And what the he!! is this whole car thing going on in MRY this weekend anyway?

We got a sabre 60 that might be forsale. got your range very fast. If fuel is not an issue, cause it burns alot. Going cheap.

Fblowjets said:
We got a sabre 60 that might be forsale. got your range very fast. If fuel is not an issue, cause it burns alot. Going cheap.

I think right now they are all going cheap, but out of curiosity, how cheap?

The CJ operates very close to the posted numbers. We operated a straight CJ for 10 years. It did everything the book said it would.

The CJ was cheaper per mile than our Cheyenne.

CJ numbers

Right now there are 33 for sale and the average asking price is $2,500,000. The lowest asking price is $2,100,000 and the highest is $2,850,000. If you look at the fleet as a whole, 9% of the active fleet is for sale. This is right on the cusp between a buyer's and a seller's market but leaning slightly in a seller's favor. In a seller's market you can expect firmer pricing and limited availibility.

Concerning cost per mile, its really hard to beat anything outside of the CitationJet family.

Cj

Been flying a straight CJ for 4 years, a great airplane and very reliable. 500 to 650 mile legs are great for this plane. For these legs 32k to 36k are good alt and around 400 lbs per side per hour. Full tanks and you may be able to take one pax depends on aircraft weight. 1100 nm you may be able to fly 2 pax if the winds are in your favor but I know you cant take 4 pax. The plane flys fine at 41k and you can plan on 300 lbs per side. 230 knots is a good climb speed till you reach .51 m then set between 1000 to 1200 fpm to about 32k then it depends on how heavy you are. The biggest problem with this airplane is speed and becoming a speed bump on departures in heavy traffic areas. This plane is easier to fly than a Cheyenne and very dependable and you will be amazed at the short field performance especially landing.

Hope this helps.
PM me if you have any more questions.;)

Latest resources

Back