Stooopid TEB Question(s)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Groundpounder said:
Yup, and I talked some sense into him. The last NYC trip went to TEB instead of HPN like I had asked about, and it went pretty good. For some reason we went to Signature that time, and had bad service (imagine that) so we are going to try Atlantic this time.

Try CDW Caldwell NJ. I think it's about 15 minutes further by ground but is very easy in and out. I ave been there a couple of times.

They all suck .... Ramp is a disaster at Meridian but the people are GREAT.

Jet ... Ramp is GREAT but you cannot get anyone to pull you up unless you are standing on top of them.

Our department has 2 Rules for going to TEB

Rule #2 Always bring lots of extra fuel
Rule #1 Don't go to TEB!

I agree Meridian's ramp is bad but the fuel with CAA is the cheapest. Bring at least enough extra for 1 hour of engine idle time, especially the weeks leading up to Christmas.

We are sitting in HPN right now, haven't been here in years. When I go to TEB I carry as much fuel as I can, but we are also coming from the midwest. Weather shouldn't be much of an issue but the US Open might impact TEB this weekend. HPN parking seemed to becoming a premium last night

TEB Deicing

Had an awful experience with the deicing operation at Million Air last December. It was obviouls that they were charging a flat fee for the deice and they were skimping on the fluid. I watched the entire operation and let me tell you, they were no experts. BE CAREFUL THERE.

I caught one of the guys trying to HACK ice off of my airplane instead of putting hot fluid on it. I am sure it is just a matter of not being trained properly and there are probably great line guys there in some cases but you really gotta watch it when you are deicing there.

As far as delays I have never had that big a delay in TEB, but I don't fly in there all that much. I do remember starting my descent somewhere over Harrisbury, PA last time though!

Rythm3 said:
If you're a CAA member, Millionair is your best bet for a good fuel price. They have a brand new facility at TEB, and we find the service is excellent.

Millionaire is now Meridian. Same place, same folks, same phone number.

Latest resources

Back