Stocks ?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vtwo

for all you guys that are into trading a lot.

I was looking at putting some GPRE in my 401k portfolio.

It is an ethonal company. It looks like no one is really giving them a long look. their prices seams good. any opinions on weather this should be a good value for the next year or so?

Their fundamentals are OK but weak on earnings estimates and projected growth. The most unsettling thing is the price trend. It was trading at $50 in May, $30 in August and is now below $23. The only way I would trade this would be with puts and I can't do that in my 401k or IRA.

ethanol is expansive to produce, and is only a temporary solution to the problem. im down with some sort of bio-diesel or synthetic fuel. I cant remember the name, but Branson/Virgin atlantic, invested some cash into some california company to research the production of a syn-fuel. THAT would be big if they could come up with something!

You are really asking for money advice on FlightInfo???? Does somebody actually let you fly a plane?

You are really asking for money advice on FlightInfo???? Does somebody actually let you fly a plane?

The best financial advise I ever got from a pilot was this...

1. Dont get divorced.
2. When you upgrade, dont upgrade your spending.
3. Dont ever listen to a pilot for financial advise.

Pros:
1 year estimate is $45! Analyst rate it as a buy.

Cons:
But, it seems to be trading VERY thin. It closed today with over an 18 pt spread. P/E is over 300!

This company is very speculative. You may get a 50% return off this in the next year, but don't invest in it unless you can handle that much or more of a decrease in value which is highly probable. Remember, the greater the chance of high yields, the greater the risk.

Are you sure you can invest in this stock in your 401(k)?

If you want to invest in ethanol, I'd go with Pacific Ethanol (PEIX). For two reasons:

After skyrocketing to $40 a share last May, the stock has suffered a major correction and is trading in a range of 14 to 18 bucks. Seems like a relatively low risk buy-in price, especially if you can get in at about $15.

But even more importantly, Bill Gates (yup, THAT Bill Gates) has worked a deal with PEIX and has commited to invest a boatload of his own money into the company. Google this up for more info.

And that's all I need to know. Bill Gates doesn't invest his money into losing companies - if he's in PEIX then I need to be in it too!!

While we are speculating, take a look at Ballard Power; BLDP. If fuel cells ever get going, there will be alot of money at this company.

Latest resources

Back