• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stealth Age 67 to 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey eagle: You know a lot of these guys. Do you think they are above using the current pilot turmoil over at American to further their own agenda in Washington? Shoot man, these guys would throw thier mothers under a bus for two more years of their seniority.

And I get that because you hate CAL so much you can't see that UAL 85 hires are the real problem. Remember, the wackos are still around trying to game retirement age again (APAAD and SWA), but they never made a difference in the first place til the UAL guys threw Prater votes as he promised to raise the retirement age. Those same pilots are bypassing ALPA this time and trying to make a deal for mgts help in getting waivers. I do not think they have much of a chance, but this is the play they are making.

I never understood how some guys could fly for an airline for 35 years, and be broke at age 60.

Some folks are just piss-poor money managers. Too many toys, bad investments, ex-wives, etc. Its not just pilots, look at some of these celebrities or wall street types that take in millions and are flat broke a decade later.

What is it with baby boomers? LET IT GO. Enjoy your family and die in peace and not at the controls. Good grief, RETIRE ALREADY LOSERS

And I get that because you hate CAL so much you can't see that UAL 85 hires are the real problem. Remember, the wackos are still around trying to game retirement age again (APAAD and SWA), but they never made a difference in the first place til the UAL guys threw Prater votes as he promised to raise the retirement age. Those same pilots are bypassing ALPA this time and trying to make a deal for mgts help in getting waivers. I do not think they have much of a chance, but this is the play they are making.

You're comical. No matter how many times I tell you I have no issues with the CO pilots of today you still spew the same crap. Reread post # 73

Ha!! The only "pilot shortage" that exists is in the pay structure. Do you really think there would be a pilot shortage if the pay got better at the regionals? If I could make the pay a SWA or UPS pilot is making, I wouldn't care what I was flying! I suspect there are a lot of pilots out there thinking like that.

This is the latest on this issue:

L-CAL training and advancement plan for the latest bid is now overdue. If we don't see that plan by Friday, we've got trouble. Old, senior pilots (mostly L-UAL, some L-CAL) are lobbying for age waivers to 67 from the FAA. These guys are whispering in jeff and fred's ears and suggesting they help them stay two more years, and in return these old pilots will help mgt continue to outsource, cancel upgrades, and forego hiring. They are using the big L-CAL bid, the crossover UAL pilots who are coming back to the company, and the rumored hiring as leverage to help them stay.

Yeah, this is a stretch, but it's all they have, really [luckily]. Another official age increase has no support.

Jeez, FG! Do you have black helicopters flying over your house too?

Latest resources

Back