• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stay away from Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rene, are you sure about Total Mesa pilots on property? I thought the number must be much higher by now.

Rene, are you sure about Total Mesa pilots on property? I thought the number must be much higher by now.

Total pilot group sits at very high 700's.

Based on current projections today. Mesa will have 1100 pilots. Top 600 get the CA seat. New hires will never upgrade. Very slow attrition given how senior the CA seat was before the new airframes.

And you throw in the 1500 hr minimum that is in place. Those 250 hr pilots won't get on anywhere.

I just called the chief pilot there are 637 pilots as of today. An additional 38 First officer new hires in training.

Total pilot group sits at very high 700's.

Based on current projections today. Mesa will have 1100 pilots. Top 600 get the CA seat. New hires will never upgrade. Very slow attrition given how senior the CA seat was before the new airframes.

638 does not equal very high 700's.

Mesa is just a much different airline than it may have been when you were here. At least from where I sit, it is a much better run airline from a maintenance and from a pilot training and staffing perspective. This may just possibly WHY Mesa is earning new business from UAL and AA?

Rene p

Mesaba dude mesaba not mesa
but i am very familiar since we were in the same group some time ago at Alpa

We need a new forum. Lowball Regional Hiring Recruiters. Give Rene and Clark a place to slug it out.

Good luck hiring 31 pilots a month, chubby

The FEDs are gonna be all over the training and checking like flies on a fresh one. Betting pink slips will be flying like confetti, given the quality of JOs slick management skills.
This will be like a figure 8 demo derby, driven by blind people.
Look at Go and extrapolate.....

Latest resources

Back