• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stay At Comair Or Go To Compass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Monday... at least 40 cpt. positions. :) (rumors of another one in Nov.)

AND, because there are so many lifers at Comair, once you do finally upgrade, you can sit reserve for years under the worst reserve system known to man! YEAH! Sounds like fun!

P.S. That was my feeble attempt at sarcasm...:rolleyes:

5 years at Comair? Shouldn't you have upgraded by now? Or atleast be right there by now!!!!!!!!!!!

I have friends that have been at Comair for 5 years, and both have recently upgraded within the last 3 months.

Really a friend of mine that is still at Piedmont told me if I was there right now I would be at the bottom of the CA list on reserve. That was about 6 months ago. I have no regrets leaving Piedmont and going to Comair. The companies are two different planets, and if I had to be stuck at a regional level I truly can't be happier. We all look at the majors. A captain once told me to look at the airline you go to as being your last. I wouldn't let anyone but my family and myself make this decision, We have pretty much made the decision to stay here before I even put this out there. I was interested in what you guys thought, that is all.

Last edited:
I have no regrets leaving Piedmont and going to Comair. The companies are two different planets, and if I had to be stuck at a regional level I truly can't be happier.

That is the first time in recent history the words "I truly can't be happier" have been uttered in reference to Comair. Seriously though, if you are so happy why would you leave? Isn't happiness the goal?

I am also an FO at Comair, but have only been here for 8 months. I have considered leaving with my bankruptcy money after hearing a lot of negatively from multiple sources. But after thinking about leaving for months I have made the decision to stay. BTW, my reasons for wanting to leave were the long upgrade (over 5 yrs) and the upgrade to JFK (I served 2 months there and hated my life). But, it would take me 1-2 months to get a class date somewhere else with some luck, then 3-4 months of training, then another year of 1st year pay. Would I have saved any time in the end? Probably not, and even if I saved a little bit it would not be worth the trouble to me.

Of course it would benefit me if you left, but if I was in your shoes I would stay. Upgrade to 5 year captain pay, probably sooner than you would be out of initial training at Compass. BTW, did I fly with you through DCA the other day??

Latest resources

Back