• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Starting your own Pilot Services company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am told that JPI gets 1800 per day for a GV pilot. Don't know how much of that trickles down to the pilot. :)

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards a Sole Proprietorship since it's the easiest to set up (only requires a DBA filing). The drawbacks are what 501261 mentioned regarding personal liability. I had a contract Astra trip recently where the "Captain" was someone I didn't know and ended up being pretty scary to fly with. I hadn't had an experience like that since my CFI days. It got me thinking about some "what if" scenarios. Fortunately, the landing gear on the Astra is incredibly strong.;)

I'm still researching the S Corp since it has potential tax advantages.

Thanks for the ideas and advice. Keep it coming.

I had some of those expirences while flying the Westwind with a particular guy (I declined to fly with him after 2 trips). Pretty scary when you are just along for the ride at 50 feet and have no idea what this guy is going to do. Trick will be to find a professional flight department that will use you on regular basis.

As much as I hate to admit it ... AZT made some very valid points in a previous thread. There are a LOT of goof balls in corporate (especially small 91) with no real way to weed them out. Once they get a type rating (failure is almost never an option here) they are carte blanc on flying the airplane.

Good luck, HMR. Sounds like you have a GREAT gig. Be careful not to let an extra few thousand bucks a year get in the way of the big picture. Fly with guys you know or are reputable flight department.

Alright I will get off my soapbox here. I would just hate to see a good guy loose a GREAT thing over something silly like an altitude bust because Captain dipsh&t was admiring his watch.

G100- Good advice. Your soapbox speeches are always appreciated. Now if I could just get you to stop avoiding me when you're in town...:D

The upcoming work is for reputable operators and with pilots I know and trust.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back