Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Anyone have anything to say about building a Starduster Too? I'm in the beginning stages of considering thinking about possibly thinking over maybe building something. I've got LOADS of free time, some homebuilding experience, and I want something fun of my own to fly.

I like the lines of the Starduster and it seems like a simple enough airplane that would run economically and do just what I want to do...light acro, short trips, etc.

Thoughts?

Anyone have anything to say about building a Starduster Too? I'm in the beginning stages of considering thinking about possibly thinking over maybe building something. I've got LOADS of free time, some homebuilding experience, and I want something fun of my own to fly.

I like the lines of the Starduster and it seems like a simple enough airplane that would run economically and do just what I want to do...light acro, short trips, etc.

Thoughts?
I've got a buddy who has an Acroduster project in pieces in Lincoln, CA. He's dying to unload it, as he's moving. If interested, p.m. me, and I'll try to get you in touch with him.

Look into building a christen eagle too. It's supposd to be a really nice kit and a really nice airplane. I'll get one someday.

Scott

sstearns2,

I agree, a Christen Eagle would be a sweet way to go for a 2 seat homebuilt bipe. However, I looked into the kit price and it is beyond ridiculous. I don't know how they can possibly justify charging what they do.

svcta,

I have the same question about the Starduster/and or Acroduster. I talked to aircraft spruce and didn't get a whole lot of info out of them. I ordered the info kit for the SA750 and that was pretty useless. Short of spending the dough for the plans, I'm having trouble finding what the build would be like.
There is a Starduster forum on the internet. I think you can access it through the Aircraft Spruce website last time I checked.

Starduster For Sale

If anyone's interested - I know of a very nice Starduster Too about to be for sale. (IO-360)

I think price will be mid forties.

PM if you want contact info.

A friend of mine has an Acroduster as well - great little airplane! He has committed to upgrading to an Eagle. If you want his number to talk to him about the Acro, drop me a PM and I will give you his number.

Latest resources

Back