Sponsored!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I have been offered sponsorship to go to UPT, and then to fly the mighty KC-135! I will go up for the September Reserve Board pending the successful completion of my flight physical. I took care of the waiver paperwork today and hopefully, it will be cleared up soon. Thanks to everyone for the GREAT information available.

Congrats, man!

I've been reading your posts here for a while now. I've found this to be a great message board to turn to when I have questions (as long as I stay away from the General and Regionals sections... those guys be fightin' all the time!)

I'll be going before the AD board here in a couple months. I hope things go as well for me as they have for you.

BTW... what unit are you with? I had a buddy who just got picked up by a 135 unit.

Last edited:
Hearty Congrats! dude!!!

Enjoy UPT...it'll be the greatest year of your life, guaranteed. Take pictures, have fun. You will make friends that will last a lifetime, and learn a great skill.

Eagleflip

I have to get a waiver for near vision. I tested at 20/30 and the reg is for 20/20. They (being the AETC Surgeon General's office) are waiving near vision up to 20/40. Other than that, my physical should be OK to get approved.

Congrats!!!

I also just got sponsored for a pilot slot by a Reserve Herc squadron and will be up for the September board after just missing this last one. If you're anything like me this has been an interesting if often a baffling and exasperating process, with the Recruiters being at best a disinterested and lazy part of it. If only I had found the message board on baseops.net 6 months ago and knew then what I know now!! Oh well, at least everything seems to be working out now, although it will be hard to wait another six months.

Congrats

Great news! I agree with what EagleFlip said. You'll have a great time. I look at my photo album and remember the great times.
Now you need a tanker picture for your Avatar.

No problemo! I have a nice Pentax instamatical camera. No digital for me, I like film.

The only crappy thing is the 6 month wait to find out how long to officially wait.

Hey Chaw

It's been a while. CONGRATS! What unit are you with?

You'll love the T-1.

Latest resources

Back