Spirit Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

Would a current spirit pilot be willing to send me a private message so i can ask some questions, I dont want to waste everyone elses time but i have a good shot at getting a chance to work there and i would like to find out as much info as possible.
Thanks!

you must be in the pool already to have a "good shot" unless you are friends with the CP or something...because I know a few people who have not got a call with 7-8k total with 6+ Jet/121 PIC and internal LORs.

But seriously, what questions do you have?

Is DTW a realistic option for a new hire or pretty senior?

What are trips like (length, how many days on/off)

Another DTW Question

Just sat in a Spirit Jumpseat...the crew said that new hires that want DTW are getting it no problem now. FO said DTW is starting to go junior again. Any truth to this from other Spirit drivers? Thanks.

Just sat in a Spirit Jumpseat...the crew said that new hires that want DTW are getting it no problem now. FO said DTW is starting to go junior again. Any truth to this from other Spirit drivers? Thanks.

Thanks for the info! Did they have anything to say about QOL?

Thanks for the info! Did they have anything to say about QOL?

The FO has been there for 5 years and is a few months from upgrade. He said they get a minimum of 4 days of between trips(i.e. do a four day, then 4 days off minimum, or a 2 day followed by a 3 day, then minimum of 4 days off. He seems to enjoy it.

QOL is great, if you live in base--as with most airlines. If you commute the trips are usually commutable on one side or another. Reserve is commutable, day 1 is protected for the start time and the last day is protected to 4 hours after the awarded end time (so if you are 0200-1600 reserve, the latest you can be released from your last day is 2000) and you get automatically released on your last day 6 hours prior to the end of you reserve duty.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back