Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enigma

good ol boy
Monday morning December 10, ten til noon at the Smith (old) terminal. We will stage at 8:30A at airport Best Western. Breakfast will be served until we run out. Lunch to follow picketing at same Best Western.

Bring your hat and join us - send a message to Spirit's owners/managers that it's time to open the purse strings.

Help us help you as we raise the bottom bar and get what we're worth.

Monday morning December 10, ten til noon at the Smith (old) terminal. We will stage at 8:30A at airport Best Western. Breakfast will be served until we run out. Lunch to follow picketing at same Best Western.

Bring your hat and join us - send a message to Spirit's owners/managers that it's time to open the purse strings.

Help us help you as we raise the bottom bar and get what we're worth.

Best of luck but wouldn't you guy's rather picket in FLL, its gonna be cold in DTW!

Best of luck but wouldn't you guy's rather picket in FLL, its gonna be cold in DTW!

FLL was picketed in Oct. We'll hit it again in Jan.

Not to worry, DTW is union friendly, so we get to picket inside!

FLL was picketed in Oct. We'll hit it again in Jan.

Not to worry, DTW is union friendly, so we get to picket inside!

Nice! I was picketing in front of the PHL USAir terminal back in '92 when it was about 20 degrees out. The airport authority wouldn't let more than seven of us walk at any one time and kept us outdoors. Freezing my a$$ off, I saw two big goombah-looking dudes walking toward us wearing trench coats with bulges under their arms and I thought I was going to get kneecapped by some airport thug.

Turns out they were labor representatives of the Police Union sent out to see if we were being interfered with unlawfully. We described the limitations put on us by the airport (they weren't even letting us come in to the terminal to warm up, we had to cycle in guys who were showing up to work or had long PHL trailer appreciation periods) and they straightened out the airport management types for us. Nice assist.

Good luck to you Spirit guys. You deserve better than you have got, but seem willing and prepared to do what you have to to get a decent contract.

Best of luck guys and hats off to you all. The more we stand up for ourselves the better it will be for all of us across the board.

Money I would Like to be Freed up for the pilots in the next contract ;)

Guerilla Union Marketing right ther..... ;)

Good luck enigma. There is an article in this month's ATW about how cheap Spirit is and apsires to be even cheaper. Guess that is their shtick and that's what they want to be known for. Unforutnately, that logic will also be applied to their employees. May work well in another culture but it will not be successful in mass in the US (times can change though). Therefore they are destined to be a niche carrier. FIght the good fight.

When you picket in the freezing cold remind yourself that the bitterness is nothing compared to what management has in mind for you!

Latest resources

Back