Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

boxjockey

Hey there folks.

I am considering flying over for the March 28th job fair in FLL, and would like to get some recent information from those of you working there. I know payrates, upgrades, etc, but am more looking for relationship with management, trip length and mix, culture, etc. I am most interested in a FLL base for the long term, but will of course go wherever necessary. I am currently a 777 FO at Cathay. Happy with the job, but no bases and need to get out of Hong Kong. I like the idea of Spirit, but would just like some more info before making the long trek over. Thanks guys and gals.

box

Relationship with management....um, let's just say adversarial.

I'm not sure management even has a definition for the culture here. It is doubtful they even care.

To all,

Thanks very much for the information, especially Snap, as it was very informative. I would like to attend the fair in March, but if I was able to get an interview and through, how long will they typically let you defer a class for? It's one of those delicate situations where I need to wait to the end of the year to make a certain decision, but I don't want to put off getting in the loop with the Spirit hiring crew. And to Batman, I appreciate it man. Pretty sure you are on the LAX base. You better hold onto that thing, because there are a LOT of us that want to come home. :)

box

Spirit tickets are sold out for March. Does anyone know if they see anyone else in line or is it exclusive to those that have tickets? Thanks

I have a ticket that I'm not going to use. Let me know if anyone wants it. I think I'm #145 in line or so. I tried to polish that first year salary, but it wouldn't buff out. :)

To all,

Thanks very much for the information, especially Snap, as it was very informative. I would like to attend the fair in March, but if I was able to get an interview and through, how long will they typically let you defer a class for? It's one of those delicate situations where I need to wait to the end of the year to make a certain decision, but I don't want to put off getting in the loop with the Spirit hiring crew. And to Batman, I appreciate it man. Pretty sure you are on the LAX base. You better hold onto that thing, because there are a LOT of us that want to come home. :)

box

If you can't start till 2015, that's a tough call. I would hate to see you waste a trip, but I think only the pilot hiring people could give you a good answer honestly. Since you're not military, I'd be concerned that they would be suspicious or unsympathetic to your situation. They are hyper sensitive to people who would come to NK and then bail to the first legacy that calls. My fear would be that they would view your situation as having an NK class in your back pocket while you work on getting on at a legacy or even that you may stay at CX. Either way, if they hired you and you want the job then why wait?

Latest resources

Back