Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit is now officially on strike (5:00 AM June 12th)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone is watching as this is just the beginning. The NMB has a whole handfull of cases that should be coming to the endgame in the near future due to NMB leadership changes made last year.

Everyone is watching as this is just the beginning. The NMB has a whole handfull of cases that should be coming to the endgame in the near future due to NMB leadership changes made last year.

Yep. This strike is precedent-setting. That is why it is so important for us all to honor it and support the Spirit pilots. We've lost our credibility over the last 10 years. This one strike can bring credibility back to all of us and make management respect us a little more even if they don't like us.

Obviously I am on the side of the pilots since I'm one myself, but I'm afraid of the public view on this. The media imo is almost painting a negative light on the pilots. They seem to be pointing the passengers problems on the pilots. If you look at comments being made by consumers they are saying the pilots are greedy for wanting more money in times like these, or be happy to have a job. It's not that they're ignorant they just don't understand the plight at hand. I don't know about anyone else, but it makes me worry how this may affect the long term goals. I hope I'm wrong on my current beliefs. Stay strong guys.

Obviously I am on the side of the pilots since I'm one myself, but I'm afraid of the public view on this. The media imo is almost painting a negative light on the pilots. They seem to be pointing the passengers problems on the pilots. If you look at comments being made by consumers they are saying the pilots are greedy for wanting more money in times like these, or be happy to have a job. It's not that they're ignorant they just don't understand the plight at hand. I don't know about anyone else, but it makes me worry how this may affect the long term goals. I hope I'm wrong on my current beliefs. Stay strong guys.

Sure there are those that know a tidbit and will say those things, but they already probably have the misconception that we're all flying 4 trips a month making 150K.

Many know that Spirit is an Ultra-Low Cost Carrier, and they'll put 2 + 2 together. An airline that gloats about $9 fares, has their FAs as walking advertisements and charges fees for just about anything can't work out a decent contract with their pilots? Is it because the pilots are unreasonable or is this part of their Ultra Low Cost game plan? I think the latter will be the conclusion most arrive at.

Go Spirit Pilots.....

Point... for .... United, CAL, AMR, etc....

We wouldn't accept the United contract! Spirit captains already make more than United and we have better workrules (4 days off between trips, 150% open time, 200% junior assignment, and we don't have pref bidding).

The hourly rates at CAL and AMR are good but our pilots aren't willing to give up the 4 days off between trips. So if management offered us the CAL or AMR contract we probably wouldn't accept it either.

Hey guys check your 401k accounts looks like the company withdraw money on the 9th. Now thats bargaining in good faith.

We wouldn't accept the United contract! Spirit captains already make more than United and we have better workrules (4 days off between trips, 150% open time, 200% junior assignment, and we don't have pref bidding).

The hourly rates at CAL and AMR are good but our pilots aren't willing to give up the 4 days off between trips. So if management offered us the CAL or AMR contract we probably wouldn't accept it either.
Negative... the outcome of the Spirit strike, the actions of the nmb, and the WH will set a precedence for these other carriers...

The Spirit Pilots are the pathfinders..... their success means more to so many.... more than we probably realize....

Latest resources

Back