Spirit Get the Money

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JayDub said:
I just spoke with some guys on our EMB-190 team the other day. They don't believe the numbers Embraer is publishing on range. It may get that far to dry tanks, but it has yet to be seen if it will have that for usable range.
I have seen a number of ranges batted around from the original 2400NM to the 2200NM more recently posted on the website. Mr. Neeleman in his latest speech referred to 2100NM. In the certification process, don't they have to justify the numbers they are posting? It may change over the next 18 months. I still think the a/c should have plenty of range for the DTW to SFO route, but actual numbers should be revealed before certification. I know the 170 was reduced from 2100NM to 2000NM before certification.

What's the range on the 320? I think your longest route is BOS to LGB. That's around 2250NM. I believe Airbus publishes around 2600NM range. Have any of the flights ever had to stop for fuel because of headwinds?

Last edited:
lowecur said:
I wouldn't rule out a double order. Airlines today need to cover their behind with whats going on with MAA. Besides, business models are constantly changing.

Your planes have 140 coach seats and 16 FC. The 320 may configure to those numbers, but the coach pitch would be tight. More than likely you're looking at 130 coach and 16 FC on the 320, for a total of 146.

The 190 with a 2 class split is 96, with 8 FC, or the 195 would split out to a total of 108. The 190 would be the better choice due to it's range. Your hub in Detroit is around 1800NM from both LAX and SFO, so there wouldn't be any trouble making it with the 190.

The 80's currently have 134 coach and 16 SP seats total of 150
146 in a bus would only be a loss of 4. Will a 320 with 146 pax have trans-con range?

enigma

enigma said:
I won't rule out a double order, but I will rule out three types on property.
I don't know how full Airbus' production line is at this point. I know they have orders from AirTran and Independent that they will start filling in the fall. I think they still have a large backorder from EasyJet and of course Jetblue. If Spirit starts receiving their order about a year from now with delivery of 2 a/c per month, the attrition on the 80's would take about 1 1/2 years. If they decided to add 10-15 E190's, they could easily hold off delivery until the middle of 2006.

It all depends on where management feels they will get more bang for the buck. Short routes are where the yields are today, but that may change in the next couple of years as B6, UAIR, Independent, and Branson compete.

Lowecur,

I know that you seem to be the "aircraft orders expert", but you missed the boat on this one:

"I don't know how full Airbus' production line is at this point. I know they have orders from AirTran and Independent that they will start filling in the fall. I think they still have a large backorder from EasyJet and of course Jetblue."

Since when did Airtran order Airbus? I thought they only had 717 and 737-700/800 orders?

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Could you have been thinking of Frontier?(more A318s?)

General Lee said:
Lowecur,Since when did Airtran order Airbus? I thought they only had 717 and 737-700/800 orders?
I don't know what the hell I was thinking. :eek: :eek: I've been posting so much, I'm getting senile.:)

Thanks, for the correction.

Latest resources

Back