• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines: Updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our MEC nominated him to that position, our union dues pay for his trip drops there, stop spinning this because you had no idea Andy was still officially involved. Like I said earlier, I know everyone's position in the union, because I am informed and am actively trying to change the status quo.

You got me on Andy! And guess what, I'm glad he's still involved!

The 'Andy' he's referring to holds no union position at all. You guys need to take off the tinfoil hats.

So after I inform you of his position and you see who is really informed, instead of "I am sorry for calling you uniformed, or claiming you wear a tin-foil hat" you simply state that you are happy he is in that position. Don't you think you lose credibility when you attack someone who is only stating factual information calling them uniformed or tin foil hat wearing when in fact you are uniformed of your own union leadership positions? You claim you are happy he is in that position after claiming he had no union affiliation or position, now you are happy? Do you know what his platform is? You are instantly happy that he is there at ALPA, but minutes earlier you had no clue? Do you see why some of us want change? There is a lot more going on than you realize, these are people that will walk all over you and I just to get an ALPA national position. They vote in favor of any ALPA position that elevates them, not us. Increasing our dues to also factor in our 401k contributions is just one simple example. If you would like to PM me personally, I would love to send you copies of our MEC budgets and positions on ALPA issues that people including Andy Nelson have voted for or pushed for support. I guarantee you after you see the facts, you may, just may understand why we intend to put a stop to the MEC direction it is going. We believe we all can be represented here at Spirit, we also believe that a union you can trust will show transparency, we also believe that the failure to achieve real gains in our last contract while being on strike should not be repeated. There are many other pilots here at Spirit with union and negotiation experience, it is time to pass the torch. Do you really want a repeat of contract 2010? Loss of capped health insurance, lower first year pay, loss of 1 hour of reserve callout, loss of premium pay of 150%, a B scale for any captains under 7 years here, etc, the list goes on. We are just asking that we all be heard, that we all have a hand in deciding our future, not just the same people rotating positions and nominating buddies that have been thrown out of the union in landslide votes. I want to see a future here at Spirit and I am willing to volunteer my time and effort to make that happen.

Last edited:
anyone have input on a time frame to get a call or a tbnt email? I took the cog test 24 days ago and have not heard a thing either way?

Latest resources

Back