• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines: Updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I took the Cog test 3 weeks ago and have not seen a TBNT email but I have also not been called. Does anyone have any Ideas?

Yeah, I got hired, was offered a training instructor positions, but then I washed out, screwed up my 2 engine ILS.. It was super tough, I try delta next, I think they are hiring,

The 'Andy' he's referring to holds no union position at all. You guys need to take off the tinfoil hats.

Really? Are you that out of touch? He does hold a full time position in "Government Affairs". It's people like you that have no clue even who your reps are that bring down those of us who try to effect positive change. I just want fair, transparent, and representative leadership. So who wears the tin foil hat? Those of us who know every union position here? Ask me anyone's position in the union and I can tell you what it is. We are asking for budgets (that is required by our bylaws), trip drops, and a new negotiating committee, you want me to tell you who is on that committee as well?

Really? Are you that out of touch? He does hold a full time position in "Government Affairs". It's people like you that have no clue even who your reps are that bring down those of us who try to effect positive change. I just want fair, transparent, and representative leadership. So who wears the tin foil hat? Those of us who know every union position here? Ask me anyone's position in the union and I can tell you what it is. We are asking for budgets (that is required by our bylaws), trip drops, and a new negotiating committee, you want me to tell you who is on that committee as well?

He's not on Government Affairs. You're wrong and apparently the out of touch one. And the 'we' you speak of is who again? You should say 'I'. Because if your 'we' was all that many people, maybe some of your wishes would come true.

I won't argue further, but Andy Nelson is a in a union nominated position, he works in DC on the Leadership committee. Frank Hann is also still involved. He previously helped inG government Affairs, and now this is his new official role. Call your rep.
http://www.alpa.org/portals/alpa/fastread/2014/FastRead_20140522.htm

Yes, Frank is still involved. You are correct. Sounds like you are a part of the forever aggrieved FLL group. You have your new reps in there. I'm sure they're advancing your agenda!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/airlinepilotsassociation/8427261529/

Here is yet another link of him doing union business in Herndon.

That's him. I'm sure as the Vice Chairman of the MEC during the strike, ALPA National values his experience. It's fine to not agree with him on everything. In fact, he's a bit too far to the left for me even. And given that he's friends with the current MEC officers, I'm sure he can bend their ears. But he doesn't hold a Spirit union position.

Our MEC nominated him to that position, our union dues pay for his trip drops there, stop spinning this because you had no idea Andy was still officially involved. Like I said earlier, I know everyone's position in the union, because I am informed and am actively trying to change the status quo.

Latest resources

Back