• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spartan College in Oklahoma

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what do you all think about Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology in Oklahoma program? has any one heard of it? is it better than mesa pilot program? is it better than DCA? is it worth it? Thank you

I was about to go there, and then changed my mind for a few reasons. It's very very expensive, it's in Oklahoma (I'm a Texan), they used to have a contract with Chinese students that prioritized them over the American students (I think they lost that contract), and the salesman attitude of the recruiter turned me off, it being the typical "over 50 billion pilots will retire within the next 3 months" spiel. I'm going to a state technical college now, and I made the right choice. College isn't one size fits all, its very personal, so you may like it. I hear the training is very good, though. Just too expensive for my tastes.

In short, don't go. I haven't personally attended there, but I do know a few people that have, and believe me, your money would be spent much better elsewhere

Do a search on the boards here, I know its been discussed at length many times. Might find some helpful decision-making information there.

I was there for 6 months. I left because it was WAY to expensive. I personally hated the experiance i had there. Its all what you make of the situation, i have 2 friends that made it through the program and dont have to many good things to say. The Chinese students did have priority over other students which was major BS. That is how that school is run on almost all accounts. They have some awesome ground instructors (Mr. Davis kicked ass) and a pretty big fleet of airplanes. Good luck with your choice of schools but dont buy into Spartans BS.

Last edited:
I have a friend currently doing the whole 9 yards there and she hates it. The one time I visited RVS the frequency was overwhelmed by broken English. It's also the busiest airport in Oklahoma. I think you (or most anyone else, for that matter) could do better than "Spah-tin".

MFR

I was looking into them about 6 years ago. The recruiter actually talked me out of going there. I asked if the 2-year degree program they had would be good enough to get an airline job. He just flat out said no and recommended I not attend Spartan. Very weird!

Honest people. Got to love them.

Grove

I just graduated form Spartan a few months ago. I personally think the school is great, expensive, but great. Just keep in mind that only about 25% (or less) of the people who start will finish. The rest will drop out or run out of money.

Its all up to you, come and tour the school and talk to some of the current students and instructors. I do have to say that they have the best maintained airplanes around (so you get what you pay for).

Oh, and if you do come to Spartan DO NOT LIVE IN STUDENT HOUSING!!! It is expensive at about $450 a month and you have to live with 3 other students. Every one I know that lived their hated the place. Don’t let the recruiter tell you that you have to stay their, you don’t! You can find yourself a 1 bedroom apartment for around $350/mo or find a roommate and get a 2 bedroom for around 500-600/mo.

I remember when they said I had to stay in student housing. I can remember laughing at that. I think that was the biggest scam. Looking back, that should have been a sign. Spartan was one expensive lesson in life. I met some great friends there, but that is all I really came away with. I was there in 99. Chalk me up to one that went elsewhere. Glad I did. I was young and did not know any better. My advice would be to look elsewhere.

am i the only one that had a good experience there?

Latest resources

Back