• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest's Kelleher, Barrett stepping down in '08

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Colleen is the reason we can't say ******************** anymore. Or pinch the ass of a hot stew. Or call a gay a gay. Everything exceedingly PC around here is to Ms. Barretts "credit" so I'd just like to say -

You made a great secretary.

Gup

That's lame. PC is gay.

Hey....would I be able to pinch a cute pilot's a$$ or would I get in trouble? :nuts:

Mega. Sexual harassment is not only preferred but I'll give bonus points for style.

Racer. Tell you what. Next time a pilot is telling a dirty joke on an overnight and you get offended, how about you say something so we know where the line is instead of running to Colleen and getting the pilot suspended for a few weeks? OK?

There is no ownership of responsibility at this airline. If you are offended at the workplace, the responsibility to SPEAK UP should be one you so that the offending person knows he/she is out of line or at least know where your boundries are. Or you could simply remove yourself from the situation.

I think it's a load for someone to be so out of line as to possibly get fired for asking a question such as.......

1. so are you married?
2. what church do you go to?
3. is that your boyfriend/girlfriend?
4. hey did you hear the one about the hooker and the preacher? :)

You get my point.

Gup

So long, guys

Herb and Colleen are rock-stars. As a lifelong poor kid, I'm glad tickets are more affordable. As a pilot, I'm thankful for a steady paycheck and some respect from my managers.

As far as ass-grab clowns are concerned, welcome to the current legal climate in the US. Colleen isn't responsible for it, but she's done a pretty good job of managing it - no small job, given history.

Please review and comply http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNZaAyV-6hE

Last edited:
As far as ass-grab clowns are concerned, welcome to the current legal climate in the US. Colleen isn't responsible for it, but she's done a pretty good job of managing it - no small job, given history.

Exactly!

Any corporate officer has the responsibility to protect the company from liability. If Colleen, or any person in management, did not set and enforce strict guidelines, the company itself could/would be held liable for anything one employee did to another. May not be right, but that is the world we live in today. Colleen would be grossly irresponsible in her role as president if she did not set forth those guidelines. Which by the way are the same at everyother company (airline or not) in the United States today.

Well, Ive never been pinched in the @ss or asked if I was married.

So I guess all the years poeple thought I was socially undesireable or just buttfugly. I can tell you, this is far more hurtfull to my feelings than someone not being 100% PC!

Long live Coleen.

Now, if she'd only stop chain smoking and use those terry cloth jogging outfits and go run a lap, she may live a few years.

Very much a "good news..bad news "kinda deal.

Herb will be greatly missed..Her.."not so much".

Well, Ive never been pinched in the @ss or asked if I was married.

So I guess all the years poeple thought I was socially undesireable or just buttfugly. I can tell you, this is far more hurtfull to my feelings than someone not being 100% PC!

Join the club, man.

Exactly!

Any corporate officer has the responsibility to protect the company from liability. If Colleen, or any person in management, did not set and enforce strict guidelines, the company itself could/would be held liable for anything one employee did to another. May not be right, but that is the world we live in today. Colleen would be grossly irresponsible in her role as president if she did not set forth those guidelines. Which by the way are the same at everyother company (airline or not) in the United States today.
Spot on. Guppy might get it it if he ever had a corporate position of responsibility or had the nads to have served in the military. Easy to mouth off from a "Florida State" grad, CFI to regional to major path.

Latest resources

Back