Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delville said:
Jim,

I don't doubt that SWA will have fares lower than what is available at O'Hare. It wouldn't make sense not to. However, with no sizeable competitor now at MDW and with such an advantage in available seats, SWA may have an opportunity to raise fares to a price point higher than that of other airlines also operating from MDW. That would also make sense.

My only real point in this is that SWA entered into this deal only to help itself. It had to structure the deal to convince the bankruptcy court, the creditors, and the city that it is the best package for ATA. SWA is not concerned about ATA's or any competitor's interests in the least. That's how any airline and any business has to operate. That's not a bad thing. To think anything else, however, is to delusionally elevate SWA in your mind to some kind of fanciful airline industry fairy godmother.
Lets stop splitting hairs. SWA is infact concerned for the well being of ATA... because SWA stands to gain from the continued operation of ATA.

I would concern yourself with the future. You might some day be looking for a job at AirTran.

Originally Posted by POWDERFINGER
My tool may be small, but it is effective...and it doesn't turn folks off the way an AAI badge does. It is time to gloat for a moment at the apparent defeat of the AAI bid for ATA assets.

There's a rotten gene of terpitude that's been passed from Louis Jordan all the way to Joe Leonard and his gaggle of wannabes over there, and I'm glad they're off to infest some other airline and not ATA. Thus is slowed this industry's race to the bottom!

It has been over five years, and I am happy to report that I have STILL not come close to considering work at Scabtran. In addition, the BORG (Southwest) are not an option worthy of my talents and skills. Why join a company that orchestrated the destruction of my last job?

The US airline industry's decline has accelerated into a supersonic dive into chaos and insolvency, but that doesn't justify generating revenue for the soul-less companies driving the process.

I've gotten the hell out of that arena, and happily work (on the flight deck) for a company that I respect. May ATA Airlines rest in peace.

It has been over five years, and I am happy to report that I have STILL not come close to considering work at Scabtran. In addition, the BORG (Southwest) are not an option worthy of my talents and skills. Why join a company that orchestrated the destruction of my last job?

The US airline industry's decline has accelerated into a supersonic dive into chaos and insolvency, but that doesn't justify generating revenue for the soul-less companies driving the process.

I've gotten the hell out of that arena, and happily work (on the flight deck) for a company that I respect. May ATA Airlines rest in peace.

WTF over

Latest resources

Back