• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest upgrade falls to 9 years 7 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He owed SWA exactly.........NOTHING! SWA Didn't care how many of us were displaced or forced out of our seats and bases. It was a business decision just like PCL's.

I don't disagree 27. I typically have always given two weeks notice no matter where I've worked, or how I felt about the company. Just old school maybe. To each their own.

Fair enough, but it certainly erodes some credibility from your former statements.

I don't see how, but I also don't much care what you think about my credibility. No offense. :)

I don't disagree 27. I typically have always given two weeks notice no matter where I've worked, or how I felt about the company. Just old school maybe. To each their own.

I agree. Proper notice is the right way to go but sometimes circumstances dictate otherwise.

Without a sense of loyalty, at least at some level, from the employ a business is doomed. Good luck Pudge, I'm sure you're a great boss and manager and are able to captivate your employees with your charm and wit.

RV

So you guys are crucifying PCL for not giving two weeks notice?

You Boy Scouts need to realize that no large corporation gives a damn and would let you go with a cardboard box in your hand with zero notice. Sure, of course, not at the LUV factory because you have codified it in your contract.....why was that language needed? To protect against instant dismissal.

Quit living in the sixties and seventies....no employee owes their employer anything because the latter has betrayed most of that trust in the greed of the new economy.

Just my opinion....

Eh. Two weeks is a courtesy which I would always afford - honestly, for my own self serving interest of avoiding a negative referral should someone inquire.

Beyond that, you can't make a new pilot in two weeks anyway. At best an airline might add a body or two to the next new hire class, but they probably won't because they have planned for attrition.

But hey, if you're gonna burn a bridge - you may as well blow it to smithereens, in the end it probably won't matter.

What you guys need to understand is that giving two weeks notice would not have been possible, because class was about to start after the leave denial, and it obviously wouldn't be in the company's best interest to pay me and to pay the hotel to send me to class to just have me gone two weeks into class. The company was very understanding and professional, and I don't believe they had any heartburn about it at all.

I do generally agree with providing two weeks' notice, but it doesn't always make sense. This was one of those times.

Wait.. So o this dude didn't want to work for SWA. Bashed them left and right.. Quit because he wanted to take a leave from a company he didn't want to work for...

Then bashes them for taking too long to answer his leave request...

Has a "oh so better business" doing something

YET..

Still continues to post on SWA threads multiple times.. Is approaching GL's post count.. And continues to argue with SWA people..

PCL sounds like a really awesome guy

Latest resources

Back