• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest upgrade falls to 9 years 7 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It also could be that many FO's are playing the Premium game. Lately, there have been FO's that made more than Captains on the same 3 day trip. TTGA is at its best during the winter months, when lines go thin and there is hardly any Premium to get in on.

Yea...you could be right. I was under the impression weekday trips were easy to give away, especially in a desirable base but it does not seem to be the case. Even getting premium seems to be difficult, I've bid on a few, was the senior guy but never got the trip it was given to a reserve. The whole system is a bit cumbersome, as it can take upwards of 2 hrs to find out who they decided to give it to, which if you're a commuter starts to limit your options of getting to your base. I guess each and every open time bid is processed manually, by a scheduler? Are there no computers in Texas...?

I hope you have this HEAVILY HIGHLIGHTED at your current workplace. Remember, those people working for you owe you nothing. Maybe we should get them all together and start a Union to make sure you really are looking out for their rights.

I've never had an employee quit, because they're well paid and treated well. But if they found someone who was willing to offer them better money or working conditions, I sure as hell wouldn't expect any loyalty, and I would encourage them to go take that job.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

I submitted a long-term leave request right after AirTran shut down. The company waited nearly two months to deny it, just a few days before class. The timing was entirely their doing.

So you didn't give two weeks notice?

Edit...there you go.

Last edited:
Currently the most junior FO in MCO is at 3 years. That will change based on retirements, upgrades and if SWA opens another domicile. Your guess is as good as mine.

That's right now. Just wait for a few for base"right sizings". It will be way more senior than that.

So you didn't give two weeks notice?

Couldn't. Denial of the leave request came in a few days before my class date. They could have saved themselves a ton of money by approving the leave request when it was submitted, but they chose not to, so I certainly don't feel bad about not being able to give two weeks' notice.

Couldn't. Denial of the leave request came in a few days before my class date. They could have saved themselves a ton of money by approving the leave request when it was submitted, but they chose not to, so I certainly don't feel bad about not being able to give two weeks' notice.

Why would you request a leave from a company that you have stated over and over again that you would never work for?

Trying to keep your seniority number as a back up plan?

If you're never going to work there why ask for a leave of absence?

If you are on a leave of absence you understand that you still work there, right?

I can't imagine a set of circumstances where I would have returned, but it never hurts to have options.

Latest resources

Back