Southwest Strobes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OPECJet

So what's the deal with the strobes on at the gate? I've seen it quite a few times. Crew forget to hit the switch, or some kind of operational thing?

How about a crew change? All the lights are turned on for the new crew walk-around.

How about a crew change? All the lights are turned on for the new crew walk-around.

Could be. Only checked them on an originator at the jobs I've had. Didn't think of that one.

My theory is they are trying to bring back the golden age of Disco on the ramp. The Luv Flight attendants wore short skirts and wanted you to cum fly them to various positions around the world. They also hired flight attendants that looked good in the mini skirt, were born to wear them and those high heeled boots. Unlike most today that are the wrong gender for that much drama and only think they look good in a skirt.

Just a theory though or maybe wishful thinking.

At ANA, all exterior lights (Including strobes) are tested when the A/C's arrive from every flight, these are common maintenance practices

Light check during crew change and/or f/o forgot after clearing the runway or walk around.

Juan

Latest resources

Back