• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest "Poolie" calls are going out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There were 207 poolies, of which 33 didn't do the re-interview. Of the 174 that did the re-interview 6 were removed from the pool. Those 6 were removed for things such as being terminated and other issues that caused them not to be hireable, changes that were brought about due to the Colgan crash. That leaves SWA 20 short of the 188 they need for the scheduled classes. The word is that they will offer those slots to internals, such as flight instructors.

Out of curiosity, what background issues makes somebody unhirable at SWA?

Are their any hard core red flag items in the interview?

FCN

Somewhere in the thread, it was mentioned firings, DUIs, failed check rides, etc. Although I can't verify this. These were instances over the last two years since all initially made it through an interview two years ago so recency counts.

It was mentioned a couple of times that the Colgan crash changed a lot of things when taking it all in. Can't say I blame the company.

Even if I did, he said it would just be a formality.

Tanker,

Would you please PM me your info? I have seen several REALLY solid candidates get turned down. Obviously an oversight as they were awesomely standout and humble pilots like yourself. it would be a shame to lose your obviously amazing interpersonal skills due to some silly formality!

PLEASE PM me your name, service number and social security number! I promise only good things will happen! Shoot, you might end up senior to Ty!!

Tanker,

Would you please PM me your info? I have seen several REALLY solid candidates get turned down. Obviously an oversight as they were awesomely standout and humble pilots like yourself. it would be a shame to lose your obviously amazing interpersonal skills due to some silly formality!

PLEASE PM me your name, service number and social security number! I promise only good things will happen! Shoot, you might end up senior to Ty!!

We already have all the info we need.

I think TC is entertaining. He really can stir up the pot!

It's like reading Penthouse letters and believing the hot chick in the little picture is the one who actually wrote the story and not the chain smoking, 350lb, 45 year old man.

He's most likely not a pilot.

I think TC is entertaining. He really can stir up the pot!

It's like reading Penthouse letters and believing the hot chick in the little picture is the one who actually wrote the story and not the chain smoking, 350lb, 45 year old man.

He's most likely not a pilot.

You are kidding me, those aren't the real pictures?

Latest resources

Back