• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest "Poolie" calls are going out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hurry up Poolies we NEED you! Apparently we have big plans and they include you.

Drinks are always on me Ladies and Gentlemen!

Big plans cool. Do they involve sharks with laser beams?

New hires if the capt doesn't make good on your drinks I will.

Ghetto

Got the call today. In training by the end of Q1. The PD went all out to make sure I knew I was "in" prior to the weekend rather than leaving me hanging in the wind a few more days. So typical from what I hear and a big reason why I am psyched to be joining SWA.

I have the feeling we're on the front of a wave and I'm ready to hang on and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Poolies....don't let that comment fool you...Gup is one of the most relaxed guys here....you will have a great time flying with him.

...and I think he buys on the layovers....probie or not...

Thanks Bro! I was just having a little fun with the boys.............

But I was a Charlie One Five Zero IP when I was "back in the unit."

Does that count?

Gup

Congrats, mt2! Great news!

Welcome to the shallow end (nope not the gene pool!)

Guppy, looking forward to the round.

I heard they will go for some internal hires to fill the few remaining spots, sim instuctors and such.

Heard the same thing...school house folks and we also have some mechanics/folks from other depts. that have been flying on the side that are qualified. Doubt they will interview for only 18 spots.

I have been hearing around campus that there may be more hiring though. I find it hard to believe but things seems to be changing around here very quickly.

Hope this helps.

Poolies....don't let that comment fool you...Gup is one of the most relaxed guys here....you will have a great time flying with him.

...and I think he buys on the layovers....probie or not...

Well, I'm looking forward to meeting Gup, Bigoober, Tejas, Whataburger, and all the rest. And I'm so darned happy, I'll buy YOU all a beer or three!

C ya!

Attn Poolies: Make sure when you are attending your new hire party, you put your full name AND your flightinfo "callsign" on your name tag. This is critical.

:beer:

Attn Poolies: Make sure when you are attending your new hire party, you put your full name AND your flightinfo "callsign" on your name tag. This is critical.

:beer:

Let me guess, someone put their "call sign" out there and still hasn't heard the end of it.

Me, I figure if someone wanted to know' they could easily figure it out.

Latest resources

Back