• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest "Poolie" calls are going out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the big deal about upgrading? You better go look at the SWA pay scale. Make 120K a year or 220K a year X 10-15 years. Yea that's a lot of coin brother. Give me Captain pay anytime!

When pilots realize that life isn't all about pay, this profession will be a much better one. Easy to understand why it's called QOL.

When pilots realize that life isn't all about pay, this profession will be a much better one. Easy to understand why it's called QOL.

So if it's not about pay what is it about? If I can make a sh!t load of cash and retire early is that not it? Or maybe you want to fly till 65 not me no thanks. Cash is king my friend sorry.

So if it's not about pay what is it about? If I can make a sh!t load of cash and retire early is that not it? Or maybe you want to fly till 65 not me no thanks. Cash is king my friend sorry.

If you wanted to make a ton of money and retire early then you came to the wrong place.

For some, money is. Not so for this friend.

I would miss out on too many days with my family and friends which I have fortunate to find out early in life can never be bought for a few extra dollars.

The good news is our F/O's make more money than most captains elsewhere and certainly have better QOL. Welcome aboard.

Best quote yet! If anyone, esp a current poolie doesn't want their spot because of not upgrading in 3 yrs, I'll GLADLY take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Us Trannies wont have to get typed...

Are you sure? Our training program is designed around pilots who are already typed. It will be interesting to see how they handle the 737 pilots.

I haven't heard anything about it over here, one way or the other it will get sorted out.

Like I said, how much money is enough? When you have all the requirements covered, and can plan for retirement, how many toys do you need? If you can't make life work on FO pay at SWA, at anything beyond year 2, you've got problems!

Like I said, how much money is enough? When you have all the requirements covered, and can plan for retirement, how many toys do you need? If you can't make life work on FO pay at SWA, at anything beyond year 2, you've got problems!

True dat. Now back to the thread. Hopefully calls will start going out today or tomorrow. Good luck.

True dat. Now back to the thread. Hopefully calls will start going out today or tomorrow. Good luck.

Trashcan,

You think the calls will go out this week? Have you heard anything that points to that?

I heard middle of the month when back in DAL so I "assumed" next week.

Trashcan,

You think the calls will go out this week? Have you heard anything that points to that?

I heard middle of the month when back in DAL so I "assumed" next week.

I was told in my re-interview that there would be a "captain board" on Fri the 5th. So I figured that calls should be going out anytime.

Latest resources

Back