• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest "Poolie" calls are going out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats to all the poolies getting calls!

No flame intended, but what are the thoughts on the integration? Will the new hires be below the Air Tran folks?

What is the hiring forecast after the 1st quarter?

Thanks and congrats again to the newbies

No. The new hires will be put above our 16 year captains. Im assuming your question was tongue in cheek.

It was, but regarding hiring, is this the last push for hiring in '11? I am assuming after the rack and stack, things may be stagnant? Just curious

Thank
Oh, and Muppets, no disrespect on new hires above AT. ;)

SWA will evaluate what it needs to hire after the 1st quarter. The rumor is that for 2011 it may be as high as 700, with 188 hired in the 1st quarter. One thing to remember is that for the last 2 years SWA had no sim time available to train new hires, even if they had wanted to hire, due to the RNAV/RNP training. That will end in Dec so starting Jan there will be sims and instructors available for new hire training.

The leases on the 717s expire 2017-2022. I have heard that they are very favorable terms.
Actually GK stated and confirmed by Laura Wright that SW was hoping to negotiate better terms on all AT Leases as we have greater strength and leverage (those were my words) as a company.

Congrats to all the poolies getting calls!

No flame intended, but what are the thoughts on the integration? Will the new hires be below the Air Tran folks?

What is the hiring forecast after the 1st quarter?

Thanks and congrats again to the newbies

Not going to share my thoughts on the SLI here. There are other threads for that I think. Personally I'm focused on getting into a class, getting a line number and then letting SWAPA handle that. I'll let them know my thoughts then.

Lots of rumors about future hiring beyond the pool. This may be the start of a good wave. Good luck to us all.

The good news is our F/O's make more money than most captains elsewhere and certainly have better QOL. Welcome aboard.

Latest resources

Back